Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Defending/Escaping the Truck

I did a basic search and I didnt find anything on escaping the truck. Sorry if this has already been posted. Good chance since the forum has been around long enough to really see some "already been posted"

Ive played with the escape a little bit and it seems pretty legit. Havent had the chance to hit it in a free roll but I did drill it.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    i love the ninja to the truck, some one should come up with an escape and name it the extended cab, or the breakdown, or the axel break. when i first got introduced to 10th p and got eddies books i thought he named it the truck because he used to be a "truck driver" lol i didn't know he worked for the UFC

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    he has some good ideas, but alot of his techniques are based on the guy not having proper control...for example he says to post on the elbow, cant exactly do that if my elbow is under the guys butt like its supposed to be. there were several little details in there like that, but im sure there is something there. it would be cool to see some refinement to the ideas in this video

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    He is also trying to control the ankle in every transition when Eddie always has people controlling the foot.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    He is also trying to control the ankle in every transition when Eddie always has people controlling the foot.
    Are you talking about the transitions to the truck? I was only really talking about the escape. I didnt watch what he was doing before that point
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    To teach a proper escape, you have to have a solid understanding of the position, at least. With his control it's a matter of kicking your leg straight. Grabbing the toes is so essential. Any white in 10th planet knows this. If I have your toes, I can control your leg one handed...something he implied wasn't possible. So I can reach for the calf slicer allllll day....which I have.

His defense to the banana split is a problem...you don't need the leg bent to get it. Ask Vinny Mag. So just kicking out isn't enough. Plus, his defense just leaves you open to crotch rippers. I've been caught in enough to know.

His gi concept seems like it could be effective. I use a similar no gi truck reversal.

But his constant step one to snatch the wrist is just begging for a twister or getting your back taken.

Seems like he has some ideas, but I can't trust an escape from a guy who doesn't understand the position well enough. Give it a shot Brent, but I wouldn't trust these moves IMO. Rather have a 10th planeteer give me tips.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks for the input guys. I originally started looking cause I have never been shown or couldnt think of a proper escape. Sounds like I just need to have the killers put me in it and see what works and what to throw out.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I originally started looking cause I have never been shown or couldnt think of a proper escape. Sounds like I just need to have the killers put me in it and see what works and what to throw out.
    Exactly. And truth be told, it's not easy to get out of. Master Eddie has put in so much troubleshooting work that it is a death trap. Remember, 10th planet is about high percentage. Spiderweb, rubber guard, lockdown......not impossible to escape...but if done properly, detail by detail, it's high percentage for a reason. So, yeah, the guy in the video....I mean, give it a shot, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Really interesting ideas, but as many people stated already it is a lot more complicated if the "truck user" (wow, that sounds wrong) knows whats he's doing. If the leg is controlled properly and the truck user has a good twister, it seems like all these escapes are quite risky.

BTW. As this is my first post after intensive lurking and studying MTS, I would like to thank everyone here for the great atmosphere and informational content of the forum. It is great to be a part of this community

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by raggamuffini View Post
    Really interesting ideas, but as many people stated already it is a lot more complicated if the "truck user" (wow, that sounds wrong) knows whats he's doing. If the leg is controlled properly and the truck user has a good twister, it seems like all these escapes are quite risky.

BTW. As this is my first post after intensive lurking and studying MTS, I would like to thank everyone here for the great atmosphere and informational content of the forum. It is great to be a part of this community
    Welcome man. Chime in more often
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast