Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Hobart No-Gi/Hybrid Training Centre
    You can do Ezekiel chokes with wristbands too. Another dimension to add to the system ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NikNikAndCauliflower View Post
    You can do Ezekiel chokes with wristbands too. Another dimension to add to the system ;-)
    LOL so true except they would prob break. I think it'd be a cool thing in the store Eddie could make money and think a lot of people would want one... But just make ezikiels with em not allowed lol

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    I made the mistake of wearing a 10th Planet Montreal rash guard in Tristar today. 100 shirtless burpees for asking why I can't wear it.
    Pretty sad.

Still, I will not give up changing the perception of our system everyday. I won't give up repping it. One day I will earn the right to wear it anywhere by proving it's worth.
    Pretty cool.

The irony is that, I was asked to teach the class I was attending, after the burpees. No I didn't teach 10th Planet stuff lol.
    That's bullshit. Is Tristar your home club or something? Why were you there?

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    I'm training at Tristar right now because 1. I want to improve my wrestling. 2. I work for the for the Tristar Dorms.

As for the Rashguard, it was mostly because it's 10th Planet. I know this because I see plenty of non-affiliated logos on attire in the gym everyday. So 10th was singled out this time specifically. There is a lot of hate for 10th Planet here. I train with some of the best fighters in the world and most of them have nothing but negative things to say. The interesting part to me is that I feel like they don't even know what they hate. When it comes to the details of the techniques I'm sure they have no idea what they are. Anyway it was just a long day of discrimination. There will be many more I'm sure. We truly are underdogs outside the competitions. Inside the competitions we prove otherwise. Thats all that matters.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    In general, we are very respected in the Montreal Jiu Jitsu community because we compete in local tournaments and ALWAYS do very well. When you are legit, there's nothing much anyone can say. I have some students that show up now and then in a Tristar shirt. I could care less.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I'm training at Tristar right now because 1. I want to improve my wrestling. 2. I work for the for the Tristar Dorms.

As for the Rashguard, it was mostly because it's 10th Planet. I know this because I see plenty of non-affiliated logos on attire in the gym everyday. So 10th was singled out this time specifically. There is a lot of hate for 10th Planet here. I train with some of the best fighters in the world and most of them have nothing but negative things to say. The interesting part to me is that I feel like they don't even know what they hate. When it comes to the details of the techniques I'm sure they have no idea what they are. Anyway it was just a long day of discrimination. There will be many more I'm sure. We truly are underdogs outside the competitions. Inside the competitions we prove otherwise. Thats all that matters.
    Haters gonna hate. You are a much better person than I to put up with that sophomoric behavior. If your only there wrestling you should be able to find other options not at a big MMA gym, at an actual legit wrestling facility.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

I would have walked out...

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    In general, we are very respected in the Montreal Jiu Jitsu community because we compete in local tournaments and ALWAYS do very well. When you are legit, there's nothing much anyone can say. I have some students that show up now and then in a Tristar shirt. I could care less.
    Awesome post.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    I would have walked out...
    100%

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Cause Louis Ho is like an honey badger... he doesnt give a shit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast