Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    If aliens built the pyramids, shouldn't they be super badass. I mean, I know they're a bit old but if there came from alpha-centauri or some shit then you would think they could just bust out some super pimp, shiny plated, last for ever tourist attractions.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Derrick- link to the interview? That sounds interesting.
    hey David her interview starts at 38 min

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Dude, you are so kicked out of 10th Planet

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Van View Post
    Did you watch the video and not find it compelling?
    no i didn't, the dudes first mistake is taking mainstream science at face value, when mainstream science has no credibility on this subject. they call independent scientist that arent bought by gov & university funds " rogue scientist " because they don't follow the status quo lock in step. and they dissmiss the field and call it " sudo science " when everything they think there so called "experts" on was once also shunned and labled " sudo science " copernicus, gallaleo, devinchi ect were all laughed at and nearly killed for suggesting what is now known as fact. and the biggest mistake this dude made is titleing his doc as " Anchient aliens Debunked " as if he knows for a fact what happened when he doesn't know shit because no one knows what exactly happened. Anchient Aliens, Advanced Civilizations, or all of the above. one thing's for certain, with all of the anomolies on this planet anythings possible. & " debunkers " are simply annoying, and are playing themselves out more and more, & i'm running into more people that are waking up rather than staying asleep. And "Debunkers" are always saying proove that aliens were here & when you say ok "proove that they weren't" here they always have some lame response that makes little sense. ignoring basic logic and the law of averages that suggest the universe is full of life. which would make Alien visitation as normal as going to another country. and mainstream scientist can never say or admit that they just don't know. so at this point, " Debunkers " and " mainstream scientist " really arent worth the energy it takes to listen to them. & both " Debunkers " and " Mainstream Scientist " need a serious ego check !

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Copernicus, Galileo, Da vinci, were innovators in what eventually became the scientific method.
    The source of their funding is never what discredits a researcher, their methods and analysis are.
    Admitting that "we don't know for sure" is one of the aspects which makes science so credible.
    Possible and plausible are not the same thing.
    Debunker are wasting their time because they're trying to use reason, logic and evidence to disprove beliefs that are not based on any of these things.
    Asking someone to prove aliens weren't here, Is a clear demonstration that you don't understand the most fundamental aspects of the scientific method. Science does not attempt to prove negatives.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    and linda moulton how asked him could this be the result of alien intervention, and the dude just scwormed and squeeld like a little bitch and started studdering and tried to completly avoid the question like he was afraid to even talk about it. & i was thinking man this dude needs some back bone, no wonder you can't get a streight answer out of thease people, thats why main stream science is a joke on this subject. whats science without open minds and serious uncomfortable questions
    Maybe he thought she was a lunatic?

Seriously, the ability of loons to convince people that scientists are somehow covering up some huge story for profit is insane.
    And gullible people will just eat that shit up.
    These people making these claims are rarely scientists, that, or their field of science is no where near what would be required to deal with the questions they claim to answer.

Most of these people actually do have a lot to gain from misleading you, books and products to peddle or sell.

Why take them more seriously than peer reviewed scientific research?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Thats the thing, I don't think people really appreciate the peer review process. They don't realize that scientific research is conducted in countries all over the world with different, sometimes even conflicting, agendas. Peer review happens between all the countries of the world. Even in the US with our super unchecked form of capitalism peer review works. Some of the misconception is probably due to the way the media grabs any study with potentially sensational results and shoves it the public's face, sometimes creating ridiculous trends/beliefs. In the scientific community things like that might raise interest and lead to further research but scientist don't take things seriously until results have been verified many times over in well controlled experiments, and that takes many years.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Thats the thing, I don't think people really appreciate the peer review process. They don't realize that scientific research is conducted in countries all over the world with different, sometimes even conflicting, agendas. Peer review happens between all the countries of the world. Even in the US with our super unchecked form of capitalism peer review works. Some of the misconception is probably due to the way the media grabs any study with potentially sensational results and shoves it the public's face, sometimes creating ridiculous trends/beliefs. In the scientific community things like that might raise interest and lead to further research but scientist don't take things seriously until results have been verified many times over in well controlled experiments, and that takes many years.
    I think you may be mixing some lines. Where talking about a History channel produced show not a science magazine. Or maybe that's what your talking about. It just makes me a little sad that the History is putting out stuff with what appears to have such easily disprovable evidence.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    I think you may be mixing some lines. Where talking about a History channel produced show not a science magazine. Or maybe that's what your talking about. It just makes me a little sad that the History is putting out stuff with what appears to have such easily disprovable evidence.
    as i pointed out to a friend, There is only so much on Hitler/ww2 to air,History Channel had to come up w/ something.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    Actually if you go back and read the other post I made I think its pretty clear I'm not a proponent of the aliens help build pyramids belief. I was arguing in favor of the scientific community. If you re-read my post with that in mind I'm sure it will make more sense.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast