Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    you... you believe you if you really give a shit you'll go find out. a pissing contest between two scientific communities is like watchin the reb. and dems argue. who cares learn and find out for yourself.
    Its not really a contest between two scientific communities. Its more like the scientific community some eccentrics. Even if it was a matter of a disagreement between members of the scientific community, it would take years/decades before we knew who was correct. I sincerely hope one day we come to find that extraterrestrials came to earth and did something. That would be awesome. For sure somewhere there are other intelligent beings. I just hope they don't read this thread.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    hey don't be a fucking dousche
    What did you find particularly douchey? If you're going to propose this kind of stuff you have to have a sense of humor about yourself and expect a lot of people to think its funny. Your throwing out some very strongly worded opinions about people (scientist are people). I wasn't particularly looking to offend you but to be fair a lot of what you're proposing could be pretty offensive to those who have dedicated their lives work to medicine or science. If its any consolation I'm sure you can juijitsu the fuck out of me.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    Dude i have a degree in applied science, i never said and will never say " all scientist are bought off" just a large number. do mainstream scientist carry value yes, but just not on this particular subject. why ? because they dismiss the subject without doing any independent research. find a mainstrean scientist that doesn't just laugh the subject off and maybe they will regain some credibility, until then there just arrogant hacks. i could care less if they agree with me or not, but they should at least give the subject an honest look, instead of just laughing it off. or avoiding the subject all together. but it is what it is and closed minds will stay closed. and if this shit ever comes out thease so called scientist will be the first dudes writing books saying " i told ya so " it's so funny how thease people really think they know everything. just like when they thought the earth was flat. and that the earth is the center of the universe. funny how the sumarians knew that wasn't true 6,000 years ago.

You're comparing today's scientists to people held back by religious convictions preventing scientific inquiry?
    Do you know what happened when the first scientists who started saying the world might not be flat?
    Or when someone suggested that maybe god didn't create us all?

Your mistake is that you're trying to hold scientists accountable for the misuse of their work, or the work done by a few (not the majority as you say) whom are bought out or have their own agenda.
    But like I already pointed out to you, any of those biased studies would be shot down by any credible scientific journal as junk science.
    And as far as the question of why more people don't do research into if their is alien life or not....
    That's simply not true at all.
    Scientists are constantly looking for life on other planets, and trying to find out if it's possible or not.
    But as far as alien intervention in our culture, it just doesn't seem very likely.

I'll tell you one more thing, the lack of people interested in something, or the presence of people whom think you're crazy for believing in something, does not make it true.
    I know doubt from others is the perfect fuel for some people, but it still does not make it true.

Coming at people with hard undeniable facts is how you prove things, not pointing at people whom look sketchy saying it's a cover up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456