Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal

New girl from Montreal on board !

Hey guys,

Just a few words so I can introduce myself to the people on this forum. I just joined a 10th Planet JJ gym in Montreal. I have heard many criticisms over the years about the system, but last week I decided to check it out for myself and I really enjoyed it. I was totally intimidated (guys are much bigger and stronger, no girl, and about 75min of rolling at the end of the class...), but I still liked it.

About me... I'm a 25 y/o frenchy, I'm a street worker (like a social worker but for underprivileged people i.e homeless, drug addicts, troubled kids, etc.), a big nerd and I love tattoos (hard to reconcile with BJJ due to healing time, eh). If I manage to upload my avatar, you can all see my mug and laugh

Lookingi forward to meeting/reading you !

Val

Array

School
    Alpha Omega in Lebanon, OR
    hi i hope you continue to love it

i also just started (restarted actually after a long layoff) 2 wks ago and i just work with my teacher, we are the only ones right now and we work from the book, the website, basically anything and i am having the time of my life - i think if you enjoy the rolling and the ppl then you will enjoy it - love it and it will love you back

and "street worker" in the USA is probably going to get you a lot of strange responses related to prostitution, just throwing that out there, lol

eddy

ps - who is your fav fighter and do you watch women's mma?

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores/Mobile
    Welcome to the family Val

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Lara View Post
    and "street worker" in the USA is probably going to get you a lot of strange responses related to prostitution, just throwing that out there, lol

I hear ya It's actually an awesome job and I wrote a small description as to avoid confusion hehe I'm also a T.A in Conflict Resolution. I've graduated a International Relations, then moved to Southeast Asia, and when I came back, I didn't care much about my studies or PhD so I started to work to help my community.

Well... I'm from Tristar and I'm Quebecer, so obviously I like GSP but that's a given. Other than that, no real favorites as long as the fights are entertaining, high-pace and/or grueling. And funny enough, I like the Diaz brothers ! I don't follow women MMA much, but I do keep an eye on BJJ competitions especially when it comes to female competitors.

Talk again,

Val

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Rushing View Post
    Welcome to the family Val
    Thanks Trey

I'll make sure I stick around !

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    Awesome Val , welcome !!
    Like us at www.Facebook.com/10thplanetphoenix
    Like me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/johnbotello
    Follow us on Twitter @10thplanetphx
    Follow me on Twitter @johnbotello

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Lara View Post
    hi i hope you continue to love it

eddy

Hey Eddy,

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.

I had my suspicions lol hence the short description about my job. Funny enough, I hold a Master in International Relations and I teach at the University of Montreal, but I completely lost interest in school after traveling to Southeast Asia and working on harm-reduction programs and volunteering for social organizations. Open mind = hello, new path

I don't follow MMA that much anymore... Obviously I love GSP because I'm a Quebecer and because I am from Tristar gym in Montreal. I like the Diaz bros Nowadays, I mostly follow grapping competitions or simply go to friends' fights and all.

Talk again,

Val

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by john botello View Post
    Awesome Val , welcome !!
    Thanks man !

And Phoenix, really ? I was planning on going for the Holidays to train... Do you know if you gym is open during that time ?

Thanks mate !

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by V for Val View Post
    Hey guys,

Just a few words so I can introduce myself to the people on this forum. I just joined a 10th Planet JJ gym in Montreal. I have heard many criticisms over the years about the system, but last week I decided to check it out for myself and I really enjoyed it. I was totally intimidated (guys are much bigger and stronger, no girl, and about 75min of rolling at the end of the class...), but I still liked it.

About me... I'm a 25 y/o frenchy, I'm a street worker (like a social worker but for underprivileged people i.e homeless, drug addicts, troubled kids, etc.), a big nerd and I love tattoos (hard to reconcile with BJJ due to healing time, eh). If I manage to upload my avatar, you can all see my mug and laugh

Lookingi forward to meeting/reading you !

Val
    Youre in good hands under Louis. Keep at it! Welcome to the forum. Just an FYI your avatar wont show up unless you have a pro membership
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Youre in good hands under Louis. Keep at it! Welcome to the forum. Just an FYI your avatar wont show up unless you have a pro membership
    Yeah Louis seems amazing, technical and very nice.

Well I'm 5'6" short hair, nerdy glasses, full sleeves.tattoos, piercings and I love bowties.

Do I fit the profile ? ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast