Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Yeah, pretty sure he is. He kinda has a point in a way. There are certain myths that seem to be nearly universal in human societies. Cultures all over the world have stories of the great flood (there have been many, just not the biblical type) and giants, many things seem to pop up in cultures which were completely isolated from each other. My favorite anthropologist, Joseph Campbell, has a great book that deals with this phenomenon called "The Hero with a Thousand Faces". To crudely sum it up he basically says that humans all over the world have basically the same unknown question to struggle with and the same types of internal/societal conflicts and maybe most importantly we all have the same brians. That is, the physical seat of our consciousness is the brain and it is anatomically the same for all races. So it makes sense that we would come up with similar myths to deal with these issues.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Yeah i get that whole idea, and i have actually read that Joseph Campbell book (excellent by the way). I'm just saying that if i was trolling about giants, (not saying he is) the giants i would use to make my point seem plausible while still trying to be funny would be the bounty paper towel guy, gargamel from the smurfs, the green giant, and Goliath/biblical giants. I find cross cultural myths of all types to be incredibly interesting and i love reading anything and everything about them whether it be giants, the flood, wild hairy men, etc it's just that his examples seemed hilarious to me!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    lol wow, carving, really ! there are no tool marks. but i guess your so smart that you have an answer for everything. even if it means you just repeat a bunch of shit that someone else wrote or told you. i think we should elect you the smartest most open minded dude in the world. in fact your the most educated person in the americas. fuck what everyone else says. fuck the 30 years of research that Micheal Tellinger has done. you know everything about the anchient world even without visiting a single anchient site. no one should ever question your infinite knowledge.
    Yeah carving makes way less sense than a 25 foot tall giant human leaving a footprint in solid granite or even molten granite. William of Occam is spinning is his grave somewhere...

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    Yeah i get that whole idea, and i have actually read that Joseph Campbell book (excellent by the way). I'm just saying that if i was trolling about giants, (not saying he is) the giants i would use to make my point seem plausible while still trying to be funny would be the bounty paper towel guy, gargamel from the smurfs, the green giant, and Goliath/biblical giants. I find cross cultural myths of all types to be incredibly interesting and i love reading anything and everything about them whether it be giants, the flood, wild hairy men, etc it's just that his examples seemed hilarious to me!
    I know what you're saying. Wasn't gargamel just a normal sized human and the smurf were really small? Thats what I thought growing up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    You know what they say about guys with big feet right...

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Pfff, of course those blind people have silly "explanations" for why shit happens man.
    Like the tears from the sky.

Precipitation?
    You gotta be joking.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Carr View Post
    Really cool, cant believe I've never seen/heard of this one before!
    no doubt it's a weird one. that researcher Michael Tellinger has discovered hundreds of anchient cites in the area ! most are circular & are made with stones that ring like bells in various tones. typical skeptics attacked him like a swarm of bees but he stuck to his guns & has made some amazing discoveries. now hes one of the leading archaeologist in the region

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123