Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Depends how your fitness is for me.

How many weeks do you normally train for a fight? Are you the sort of guy who stays in good condition and only needs a 5 week training camp to be at your peak, or like most would 8-12 be closer to the mark, starting from scratch so to speak?

Reason I ask is cus if youre one of those guys who all year round is just 5 weeks or less away from peak fitness then its feasible. If not then I wouldnt take it. You dont seem sure, and the nightmare scenario is gassing hard relatively early in a fight and not being able to perform the most basic of techniques that would have otherwise been your keys to victory.

The reason Mick Broster has us train 4x7 min rounds hard at our peak isnt so we can fight hard for 4x7s, its because we all know how much the adrenaline, the pressure and the nature of the strikes you'll be absorbing take a shitlot off you cardio wise. If you take a short notice fight and youre not even close to peak fitness its a good bet you will feel like you're dying rather early on.
    Which is a pretty shitty deal since youre not even getting compensated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    Depends how your fitness is for me.

How many weeks do you normally train for a fight? Are you the sort of guy who stays in good condition and only needs a 5 week training camp to be at your peak, or like most would 8-12 be closer to the mark, starting from scratch so to speak?

Reason I ask is cus if youre one of those guys who all year round is just 5 weeks or less away from peak fitness then its feasible. If not then I wouldnt take it. You dont seem sure, and the nightmare scenario is gassing hard relatively early in a fight and not being able to perform the most basic of techniques that would have otherwise been your keys to victory.

The reason Mick Broster has us train 4x7 min rounds hard at our peak isnt so we can fight hard for 4x7s, its because we all know how much the adrenaline, the pressure and the nature of the strikes you'll be absorbing take a shitlot off you cardio wise. If you take a short notice fight and you're not even close to peak fitness its a good bet you will feel like you're dying rather early on.
    Which is a pretty shitty deal since you're not even getting compensated.
    I might have to retract my earlier post. Last night we did 4 X 10 min warm ups, then shadow boxing. By the time we got rolling I was weak as a kitten. The guy I was rolling with did 4 years of wrestling in high school and had 30 lbs on me. I got tapped like 40 times. Had perfect opportunities for sweeps, had old school perfect but no gas at all! Couldn't really even think. At one point I was in half guard with the lockdown and my coach says, "Aaron you have to have under hooks to play that game." I was just laying there no fucking hooks! Very embarrassing. I could barely drive home. Two nights before with half the warm up I was able to handle another wrestler with 30 lbs on me pretty damn well. No cardio = No win,

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Guy ended up not taking the fight no biggie was a good night either way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12