Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin

To fight or not to fight

well i have been thinking about helping out my coach,friend, and 10th planet brother Brett Sbardella for his promotion tomorrow night. He has a HW thats been training that had a last min back out and i for one know how shitty this can be. I think this is a potentially very winable fight for myself against a guy with a decent record. Things holding me back, I havent been training to "fight" so no regular training sessions or cardio workouts so that concerns me also i always have a mental weakness when preparing for fights i would rather take a fight on moments notice and just go do it then dwell on it and freak myself out. What makes me wanna take it i have seen him fight he is a solid fighter and i think i have a large advantage on the ground over him. Also think my striking is on par with his. Oh desicions any input to help me decide weather to take it or pass would greatly be appreciated.

You seem hesitant so i would say no. If your initial reaction wasn't lets do this right here right now i wouldnt do it.

At the end of the day you have to asses yourself mentally and know where your at because non of us can make a true 100 percent assessment of what you should do.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I'd take if it there was money involved. But I'm speaking for myself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I say take the fight. Here's my rationale...

1.You're a fighter you've been in your fair share of events.
    2.There is no weight to cut.
    3.You fight becuase its your passion, your livelyhood and its fun.

Even though you haven't put in the proper cardio training, and that sort of stuff, you still have your technique (striking,ground,etc.)

If it was your first rodeo, I would say no, but since it is not do it up.

Array

School
    lol unforuntely its an ammy event so no money...and Cody yea i feel ya thing is I have ben like this before all my fights never once have i went in there with a lets do this attitude i'm very laid back but when i do fight its golden I just never have gotten used to the one on one competition aspect. My only thing is i'm 0-4 i took 3 fights before i ever trained and one after about 6 months and was a very good fight despite my loss. I just hate that people look at my record and not my skill set that i have developed over the past almost 2 years of solid training. if it was just grappling i would be like Booom lets win this just havent thrown blows in so damn long. I been watching some of his fights and thinking i might do it. I will let everyone know if i do and i will be repping 10th planet hard if i do fight

Array

School
    John for the win

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    John Mejia has some good points. If you were trying to protect a sterling record or had to cut weight it might be a different story. Sounds like a good chance to possibly earn a well deserved W. You can step up your cardio a considerable amount in a few days if your starting point isn't all that high. Personally, I'd rather be 0-5 than 0-4 but I have a feeling you're gonna stomp em.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    You don't have anything to lose. Go for it!!!!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

All I'm saying is fighting on short notice is diff than fighting when u aren't
    ready

Array

School
    ^truth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast