Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeyle View Post
    Just keep your mind active, look into things that you didn't have time to before. Remember healing is training too, being patient and taking the time to heal up isn't easy, but theres so much in this world to be learned and nows the perfect time to do it. I blew my knee out in April and have been dying to get back on the mats but nothing would be more disapointing than reinjuring myself and being out even longer. Just concentrate on healing and being patient. In the long run it'll be better, some injuries are worth pushing through and some are better off having time to heal.. In my opinion haha
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    When i had a sore sternum (the connecting part between the ribs and the sternum felt like a knife when somebody drove pressure into my chest) I was just selective about what I could and could not drill. I would usually jump in on 3 man groups and just work top game parts. Once I started easing into rolling, it was still just 70% speed and then I would tap once I was swept to the bottom position. It really allowed me to invest more time into my top game, which I am still lacking to some degree.

I usually don't abandon training when I'm injured. I just work with my coach and training partners to build a safe structure that won't stress my current injury.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    When dedication is not the issue, which I know in your case it is not. Injury management is the number one factor for success and longevity in jj. Good luck, be smart, and just drill slow and technical. Nothing live. As soon as you feel that familiar tweak that makes you say "Oh shit", you just set your rehab back two weeks. This is a delicate game, made even more difficult to those who love to train/make shit worse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123