Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'll take any recommendations you guys may have regarding companies that produce organic foods, meals, etc... Looking for suggestions on gluten free products, as well.

I understand it is best to simply prepare meals from scratch using organic whole foods, but with 2 kids and an insane schedule I have a tough time making time to prepare meals.

Thanks in advance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Brandon I'll hit my wife up, you may want to ask her on her facebook page as well www.facebook.com/balancebynature
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    CTBJJ: Caio Terra, Samir Chantre, Flavio Meier & Oswaldo Augusto
    Rudi's is great, as is Udi's for bread. For a GF treat try Penguino's cupcakes. Coconut water is GF as is most Kombucha.

My wife can't eat corn, gluten, dairy or egg yolk so we have to be super careful. Eating clean is nearly impossible unless you make it yourself.

GB

jorocr7484

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    I have a really busy schedule and have a gluten intolerance so what I've found works best is making meals in advance and freezing them. On Sunday I'll make a large crackpot of chili or another soup then cook up some chicken or other proteins. I separate it into individual servings so I always have something to grab for lunch or dinner if I do not have the time to cook.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I really like Odwalla. I'm always on the go and they have really good smoothies and bars. kinda expensive but you get what you pay for.

This is a passionate subject for me, as I'm currently doing my 5 year degree in the dietitian / nutritionist field. If I would suggest 1 thing - It would be to Never buy any food / food brands you ever see advertised on TV / in commercials. Do the research on organic foods, call the company up and ask them everything you want to know regarding organic foods. Just because the box says "Organic" , or "Free Range" , or "Farm Grown" with a picture of a cow in a fresh field eating grass does not mean that's what it is/where it came from.

check out this short trailer, and watch the film! It's very imforative, and it's on netflix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Hamilton View Post
    check out this short trailer, and watch the film! It's very imforative, and it's on netflix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0
    Nope, no longer on Netflix. Dammit

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Brandon I'll hit my wife up, you may want to ask her on her facebook page as well www.facebook.com/balancebynature
    This is legit and very helpful. This and some other shit keeps Zog on the mat so you know its where its at.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Brandon, I have Celiac disease and have been doing the organic whole foods thing for a while now. The best thing to do is prepare things like rice, quinoa etc in bulk... I try to cook on Thursday and Sunday. Also, if you have the space, spend one day a week preparing things to bake.. Chicken, lasagna, etc... and store in fridge or freezer until ready to bake(I own tons of casserole dishes so I can do this). If you want gluten free... whole foods is about the only place I know in Alabama to go. Though, being in Bama has its benefits because there are lots of farms where you can get grass fed beef and free range eggs and chicken.
    The best resource on the subject I have is "The Healthy Gluten Free Life" by Tammy Credicott. Great recipes as well as 40 of great info on what to use and how to minimize time in the kitchen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast