Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    strike martial arts

lock down calf injury

has anyone ever mess up some ones calf by using the lock down because one of my student mess up one of other students calf by using it while going for whip up to old school sweep

Array

School
    Ronin
    Some of the long, scrawny, skeleton legged suckers can grind my calf pretty hard with the lockdown, but never anything but bruises, or a muscle spasm if they tweak it.
    What was the injury?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Could be one of those crazy injuries that were bad luck. Crazier shit has happened. Is it just really tender or is there legit damage?
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    strike martial arts
    its just really tender
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    Could be one of those crazy injuries that were bad luck. Crazier shit has happened. Is it just really tender or is there legit damage?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I've never had an injury from lockdown until last week when I was rolling with Eddie. He tried whipping up and when I tried stuffing it he switched to whip down and my knee popped out. No major damage to my knee but I did recieve a tear in my calf muscle and pulled hammy. I had a pre exsisting issue with my calf, so that could have played a major role in my knee popping out. So yup it can happen.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I've had some soreness here and there, so far noone I've applied it to has been hurt **knock on wood** but I tend to go easier on the smaller folks and the newer students (lockdown for people new to feeling it can be a bit uncomfortable). Hope ur classmate feels better soon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Matters what you mean by messed up. I've had my calf get very tender and stiff for a few days. It wasn't from any type of sudden motion like whipping down/up. It was just from drilling half guard with full resistance from my partner. Being in the lockdown for a while will make you sore if they're really locking it down. Eddie has mentioned tales of people tapping from the lockdown.

I do gi under Royce gracie network and only me and 2 others actually use the lockdown.. When I got put in it and was stretched out on both legs from one o the guys who also does it my legs were extremely tender the next day. If you're not very flexible or have leg problems I think you could even tap people just from being in lockdown (correct me if I'm wrong)

As Aaron just stated pretty much haha

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    If I don't relax my calf muscle while I'm in someone's lockdown, it can hurt pretty bad and be sore for a day or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast