Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    NONE

Victory Belt's response to me regarding Advanced Rubber Guard Book

Kevin Sparks October 30 at 12:29am
    "I along with everyone else is eagerly anticipating Eddie Bravo's Advanced Rubber Guard book. The release date has been pushed back 2 years now."

Victory Belt
    "Coming soon! And this time, we have decided to release it. Stay tuned Kevin "

http://www.facebook.com/victorybelt/...t=feed_comment

Just thought I'd share. Seems to be a more positive answer than many of the other people on here got. Definitely good to hear.

The response i got to my tweet to them:

"GOOD NEWS! Yes, Victorybelt will be working on the Advanced Rubber Guard book! Stay tuned for updates! "

Let us hope things are moving forward.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    Decided to release it? Was it even an option to not release it? wtf... I'm still pissed...

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Same here. Get it in our hands already.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    This is fantastic news. Hopefully it was the synergy of all of us voicing how we feel about this title that brought this to light. I am very happy, especially for Eddie.

I get a sneaking suspicion VB has been having financial difficulties for a long time now, and so haven't had the capital or cash flow to develop and publish the books for sale. Neil Melanson's book on triangle chokes has been delayed almost as long if not longer, and the last book they did release was Marcelo Garcia's iirc.

Maybe their catalogue hasn't sold as well as they'd hoped, maybe too many people opted to find a pdf scan instead of putting money down, who knows?

If finances are a problem, maybe VB need to have Kickstarters for certain projects, where a donation of the book value amount ensures a copy of the new project, and maybe it can be signed or something.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Gould View Post
    If finances are a problem, maybe VB need to have Kickstarters for certain projects, where a donation of the book value amount ensures a copy of the new project, and maybe it can be signed or something.
    I like that suggestion. Id bet that would help them get things going if money really is an issue
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    I think I saw somewhere that VB was focussing on some Paleo diet release. I used to work at an OTM in Oahu and Victory Belt stuff sold pretty well there. I'm happy to hear the news but it just seems unethical to have a pre order where people put down money and find out over a year later that the interest to put out the book is now renewed. It sounded as though the book was finished, published and was awaiting distribution. I don't understand how or why this happened, but hopefully Eddie can work with a different publisher.

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Gould View Post
    I get a sneaking suspicion VB has been having financial difficulties for a long time now, and so haven't had the capital or cash flow to develop and publish the books for sale
    I don't think this is the case. Their last 12 titles they have published are considered "Health" books. They have not published any "Fitness" books (ie. MMA or martial arts related) in a while. It's pretty clear where their focus is. That being said, if they really are publishing the Advanced Rubber Guard book, I feel it's a blessing that we were all able to persuade them at a time where they clearly aren't focusing on this sort of thing. The wealth of information in this book is going to be huge for us.

Yea they also have a Leo Vieira no-gi passing book that's been delayed for at least a year if not too. Also a John Danaher book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast