Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg

Bas Rutten Fight System Reviews

Hello,

2 of my students have upcoming fights against a gym that does a "bas rutten system" the gym has mma/bjj classes from mon-thursday 7:30-8:30.

From what i can see of the system is bas rutten yelling things over a speaker system and them drilling them.

From what ive seen the guys like to lie down on you when in your guard.

Anyone have experience with this system?

Any warnings or advice for my students?

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    By any chance is it one of Lee Mein's guys? (just guessing since you are from winnipeg)

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Quote Originally Posted by miketubbs View Post
    By any chance is it one of Lee Mein's guys? (just guessing since you are from winnipeg)
    Yes it is.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I've had some guys fight some of their guys and seen them fight....GENERALLY they are more tough than technical. Lee trains under Bas (affiliate) Mainly they are "pretty good" all around but not really great anywhere. Not a lot of movement in their kickboxing style, more of a wrestling style than jiu jitsu...They don't suck but aren't great either...but all the guys I've seemed are pretty tough, good cardio

Who are they guys they are fighting? If they are new I probably would have never heard of them though.....hope that helped

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    I have the program that you are talking about. It sounds like your referring to the kickboxing bag/shadow work out, which is really more about pushing your cardio. The punching dummy called BAS looks pretty awesome though.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    when I checked back in my dvd library the "system" is a dvd compilation with arm locks, chokes, striking, leg locks, escapes, and combining striking with takedowns. It's a good technical dvd that covers the basis and foundation of the aforementioned techniques, but the yelling thing is a half hour of rounds with bas ruttens voice recorded over it yelling out combos and sprawls. Respectfully it was one of the most thorough compilations of it's time and Bas rutten is known to be a very well rounded fighter who trained the likes of genki sudo from beverly hills jiu jitsu (shigekis former school).

But there's nothing extremely innovative in the execution or content of the system. It's not like ordering the twister, or rubber guard dvds. It's a thorough compilation of basics that you are more than likely already familiar with.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    I would say to watch for the left hook to the liver and of course the old heel to the balls lol

Don't a do dat to el guapo

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Quote Originally Posted by miketubbs View Post
    I've had some guys fight some of their guys and seen them fight....GENERALLY they are more tough than technical. Lee trains under Bas (affiliate) Mainly they are "pretty good" all around but not really great anywhere. Not a lot of movement in their kickboxing style, more of a wrestling style than jiu jitsu...They don't suck but aren't great either...but all the guys I've seemed are pretty tough, good cardio

Who are they guys they are fighting? If they are new I probably would have never heard of them though.....hope that helped
    One of my guys is fighting Adam Kaupp at 185
    And one of my guys might be fighting Steve Hoydalo but that fighter may back out so im not % sure about him.