Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Never tap out

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Don't forget the unicorn blood. Lots of unicorn blood.
    Can't believe I forgot that. Without the unicorn blood the gates of hq will remain closed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene
    I have come to the fork in my journey where I am not focused on the rank. I am focused on being the most technical grappler I can be. Rank will come (imo)

Array

School
    New PathMartial Arts/BANG Muay Thai Joliet/future 10th planet Joliet
    one must not seek rank for the sake of it's title,the meaning of rank is represented through ones honest ability only shown through hard work and perseverance,don't journey to the mother land to seek rank,journey to roll with the master and his gathering and show your worth through the battles in the home of its creation do your best and rank will seek you - stoned homie on my coach

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by james johnson View Post
    one must not seek rank for the sake of it's title,the meaning of rank is represented through ones honest ability only shown through hard work and perseverance,don't journey to the mother land to seek rank,journey to roll with the master and his gathering and show your worth through the battles in the home of its creation do your best and rank will seek you - stoned homie on my coach
    Beautiful

Array

School
    CTBJJ: Caio Terra, Samir Chantre, Flavio Meier & Oswaldo Augusto
    Rank doesn't mean as much to me as it used to. Don't misinterpret, I respect everyone on the mat but what I mean is that even JJ players with less skill teach me things. I don't train with the goal of getting promoted but with the goal of not getting swept or with the goal of defending a certain position. The goal is to learn and retain while having fun. I play jiu jitsu

GB

I played a video game called Halo 2, and getting the rank of 50 was a prestigious thing back then. Few people had it and it was based on the combination of skill, games won, and time spent.

I made it my goal and mission to get to the rank, I only friended top players, wouldn't play with friends who just wanted to have fun playing and weren't the greatest... I worked at improving and ranking up and what do you know I finally got to 50 after 6 months of playing everyday. Only about 5% of players were that rank.

What I realized once I got there was what a huge waste of time it was... I wasn't playing the game for the right reasons. I wasn't even enjoying myself when playing. All I wanted to do was win and get to the next rank.. 45 down let's not get put back to 44 with losses but get to 46. Once I was at 50 it was cool for about 10 seconds.

I learned a lot from that. Enjoy the journey, not the result.

don't concern yourself with who is what rank and how they shouldn't be that high, and you should be higher. I used to think like that but it gets no one anywhere, and just focus on yourself.

So as for your original point for the belt promotion. I would say work hard, go in with the attitude of if you get it that's great, if not find out what you need to work on and have fun with the whole process of it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12