judo side control

In the twister DVD, they talked about judo side control (one of the last techniques if you watch the whole thing from beginning to end) and the escape from it into truck I believe. My instructor teaches that dominant position, and always states not to let the arm go. Master eddie indicated to get the arm to the floor, his example ooked to me like he used some body twist and an arm slide to get the elbow down to the mat.

Question, how do you get to that part if they are controlling the arm? I was taught to really sit into that position, and arm movement is minimal, you get a couple of submissions from that postion. Every time someone has gotten me into that position, I can't move my arm and they are dug in deep (like they are supposed to).

Is this just nother timing issue and a battle? I normally wait for the attempt at the submission to move, or try not to get caught in that position.

Ideas or suggestions welcome, I am trying to learn new things all the time. I do not have half the experience or knowledge as most on this site.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Push forward then try to bridge in the other direction, if he bases pull your elbow to the ground
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Philly hotbox/SJU JJ
    i like to rock my legs up in the air and then s-hook around a leg and kick back down. it'll create enough pressure and space for you to rip your arm out by rotating your core back down so you'd kinda come out the back door

Thank you both very much

Array

School
    Philly hotbox/SJU JJ
    remember there are two different controls from judo side. one with the underhook which should be a high pin on your shoulders. to escape that what you wanna do is feet to butt and bridge up them up as high as you can, then turn and go and they go for the ride.

but there is the control with the head instead of the underhook. for that one they should be leaning back more towards your belly and pulling your head and shoulders off the mat and really staying tight on your near arm elbow. Thats when bridging and rolling doesnt work and you can use the first escape i previously said