Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs

reverse toe hold from the truck - legit option?

I've been pondering over it for a while and it seems like a completely legitimate option, i find it hard to believe that I'm the only one that's thought about it, reverse toe hold on the opponents free leg from the truck. being in the truck gives you pretty good positioning to pull it off and the fact that their other leg is completely trapped only makes it sweeter.
    i was experimenting with it the other night and found its really easy to lock in before you roll over your shoulder, as its easier to pull their foot to their butt when their knee is planted on the ground, but its still possible after you roll as long as you don't let them straighten their leg.

has anyone tried it before? are their any flaws to it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I recall a video on youtube talking about this..I'll look for it, and hopefully someone will bring it up.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    I've seen it many times. Sorry to burst your bubble, homie.

Array

School
    why havent i seen any material on it theen >< i would have thought eddie would have mentioned it in books, dvds or an episode of mts or something

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Locking it before you roll seems like it would work well. If you try to lock it up after you get in the truck I think it would be hard because they are trying to kick that free leg straight expecting the crush. It would be super fast before the roll though

Array

School
    yeah it works super nice straight from the grapevine, i think any submission on that free foot works better from the grapevine just because of the fact that all leglocks are stronger belly down, including the straight leglock for the truck "the wheelchair"
    attempting it from the truck could be a viable option to set up other subs though, eg making them grab your arms to defend the leglock so you can go to twister. eddie says he likes to crank on that foot to set it up anyway so you may as well use a viable threat