Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Please help me with Rubber Guard

First of all I say my 2 favoritest thing is singing and fighting BJJ. I been in the game for only 2 years and only been competing for about 6 months, this next tournament Texas Open on Sat will be my 6 tournaments this year. I've been practicing really hard everyday with my dad the traditional BJJ and has come to the top of my division. But at the gym, I'm still having trouble with the bigger boys, those that are 90 lbs and over. You see I'm a 62 lbs girl. With the traditional BJJ close guard, I get smash by them all the time. One day my dad found a bunch of vids on this Rubber Guard thing and we start working on it. Its only been 1 month and i'm already winning most of my sparring with it. I am also able to control the 90 lbs boys with the "crack head", but when I transition to a submission, they still smash me. What technique is best to use against their weight and strength? I really love this Rubber Guard. I will try to tapout everyone at this next tournament with it since we practice so hard on it. And if anyone out there have time, please go see my vids on Youtube and advice me on what I can do to improve my skill with the rubber guard. You can find me under MPREAP......

Thank you so much Master Eddie you are awesome!!!!!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Get your Dad to pick up the Rubber Guards books and DVDs if there is no 10th Planet school near by. Keep it up!!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    where he buy one at? AMAzon?

Array

School
    Just want to share why I love this rubber guard thing. Only 5 days of practice, I'm pull this off in a tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJHsZS1hFLM

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    where he buy one at? AMAzon?
    you can buy them from the store on this site, and Eddie even signs them for you
    10Wo

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    Sign up for a pro membership to the cite here. Get to ever seminar possible. Of your in crack head you have the flexability for invisible collar. Find the path that works best for you and reps, reps, reps. Good luck!!!

Against bigger guys i find Carney is my go to move. If for some reason you miss hooking the leg, going jiuclaw is an attack and you are no longer underneath a bigger person.
    gogo-plata, carny, jiuclaw, back attack.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Work on the basic path and breaking down the opponent when they are in your closed guard and resisting with posture. If you can't break them down and keep them down, which is often the case with a stronger opponent, then the probability of getting a finish from rubber guard is going to be low. If you drill the moves and you aren't working on your clinch, then you're going to pick up bad habits.

When you do get there, remember: Hug around the knee tight; go wrist to ankle, don't pull on your foot; make sure your free leg is always tight so you don't risk getting passed; curl the toes back for extra leg strength.

The leg curls are important, the point of the guard is to keep everything tight and secure to stop punches, whilst having the option to attack. The moment you go loose, they'll just pop out. Position before submission, as they say

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i would also suggest really working on your flexibility. its a key to rubber guard and helps with such things like double bagging, though that could be harder against bigger guys. get the books and dvds but your best bet will be to find the closest 10th planet. preferably a moon but the hotboxes are all great aswell.

get ur reps in and good luck. rubber guard is a great position and i hope u do well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I found this on youtube, I’m assuming this is you? If so, I believe I’ve seen you compete in person before. I’m at a lot of tournaments in the Houston area, you and your dad should say what’s up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0N-0DDaQro

Here’s my critique of the vid:
    First of all, extremely impressive jiujitsu overall, and I’ve seen black belt world champs grab rubberguard and it look worse.

@ 0:15 The “flow” (found in mastering the rubberguard) would work well for you. Basically it uses the opposite leg hook on his instep to feed I your butterfly. As someone small, I would recommend you learn to use butterflies as well.

@ 1:40 I would personally grab my shin (or his head) on the triangle and stay crunched into him. Posture is everything. Great triangle from rubberguard.

@ 3:50 you can you your right leg to move his arm over as it clears the head for the “east coast crock” (without giving up posture). That and the invisible crock are favorites of mine

@ 4:11 Important, you’ll see this stack for the rest of your ruberguard playing days. Switching New York to an over hook (wizzer) and taking a butterfly guard sweep is a great way to capitalize on this. You can stick with rubber guard instead and try and work an angle, but good luck against a wrestler way heavier than you. Learn to butterfly sweep there.

Outstanding job, keep up the good work. By the way, we have a 10th planet hotbox in Beaumont (probably about an hour and a half or so away from you, depending on your location in Houston) that you and your dad are welcome to visit anytime. If not, say high at the next comp. Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast