Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I'm just gonna buy one of these and fill it with sand:

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

How does the Combat Sports Submission Man Dummy compare to the Submission Master?

It costs a lot less and seems to be similar

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    It's hard to find a lot of reviews. There is one thorough review on Amazon but it's not very good. If you're on a budget then maybe the Zebra Mat grappling dummy is an option, but I still think the SM dummy is the best long-term investment you can make for drilling. I don't know if you noticed, but you can break out the SM payments into three separate payments, but they will still ship to you after just making the first payment. That's pretty cool on their part. Also, Bob (the creator of the SM dummy) is a really cool guy and will answer any questions you have. He also made a series of videos sowing the best way to use the dummy for drilling. It's legit.

Array

School
    !0thP ATX
    Man, I have come back to this thread 50 times! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this grappling dummy! I have the combat sports one with full legs and arms and its not so much a grappling dummy as a man shaped heavy bag. its the 180lb I believe, certainly the heaviest one. Its actually not mine per say. My next door neighbor was a Seal and now works for, well I dont really know who he works for but he leaves for months at a time and comes back with a bad ass beard! He's super chill, and on one of the times he was in town he was in his garage and I noticed the grappling dummy, asked him about it and he said take for a while, that was 3 years ago. Its impossible to grapple with this thing. If you lay it in your guard, with a steel cup on, it still crushes your balls. I have used it for throws from standing but wrestling it back to standing is a metric shit ton of work! About 2 years ago I got this bright idea to use a rescue dummy that we have for High Angle rescue training at work. It seemed like a good idea at the time. its like a life size Ken Doll. its 5'10", 200 lbs and has articulating joints, but again ungodly heavy. it was just too heavy to really train with, so this grappling dummy may just be the ticket!
    Belief is the death of knowledge. RAW

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    never seen the combat sports sub man before. It must be relatively new. It looks a little more flexible than the sub master but relatively the same deal. I know the old one was basically a heavy bag, or a throwing dummy with t rex stubs, but this new model looks decent and is quite a bit cheaper too.

don't get me wrong there's some great ways to utilize the submission master I have just always felt it was overpriced and not able to simulate a lot of positions crucial to the 10th planet system. Even with three installments, when you add shipping that's quite a hefty investment for some. I live in Hawaii so the shipping is just ridiculous!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I've got a cheaper and better solution for you guys....

Find someone to drill with...
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    when you have 2 kids below the age of two, and a spouse that works the overnight shift, it's alot easier said than done. I wish I had the time!

Array

School
    10PJJ Ronin/ Victory MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by La'akea Sanborn View Post
    when you have 2 kids below the age of two, and a spouse that works the overnight shift, it's alot easier said than done. I wish I had the time!
    Same here man!

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Man, sorry to be so blunt, but you're insane. Bubba is an over priced stuffed piece of material with no realistic positioning. The SM dummy is less expensive, has retractable arms, and is in perfect positioning for working Full, Half, and Rubber guard, among other things. This topic has been brought up before and every time someone previously bought Bubba they end up regretting it. I've never heard one person say they regret buying the SM dummy. And when you go to their web site, it's obvious you are buying the SM for working the ground game. Working from Twister Side Control can be a little awkward at first, but most of the ground curriculum works amazingly well with the SM dummy.
    +1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast