Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    I bought the submission master awhile back.. Some patience and resilience and eventually the dummy started to loosen up and my reps for the rubber guard started going through the roof. I've always said for myself that in order for me to be effective during my live rolls, I need repetition... I needed to build the connections through drill!.. With the use of this dummy and a considerable amount of stretching, I noticed steep improvement. + you don't have to sit there and listen to people ...(because your form or execution of the Rubber Guard may initially be off) just knock it all together.

Array

School
    !0thP ATX
    I ordered the submission master yesterday, so soon I'll be drilling my ass off. But, the real question is, since i work 24 hour shifts as a paramedic, and believe me my partners are not fond of drilling, I tried this for a while selling it as a "hey you can learn a little BJJ helping me"! Just awful!They either ask too many questions like, but what if I did this, or they"ll try to just muscle you to keep you from doing the rep, and you know what that means. You gotta first be nice and explain why it wont work if they do this or that, then when they keep doing it because for some reason they always do, then you gotta hand them your business card if you will. Not in shitty way, just to let them know. Then there's tension over the rest of the shift. Any way, I am curious as to the comments I'll get when I roll up with dummy in my car to work! Now obviouslyI will not put a tshirt on my dummy with certain supervisors names written on it as I have joked amongst my friends, because that would probably be recieved as I probably meant it and how can I purchase more jiu jitsu gear without a job or while attending some kind of sensitivety classes!
    Belief is the death of knowledge. RAW

a updated info on the submission master? Need something to drill with. It's getting stupid at the one gym, no one wants to drill, they just want to bang all thetime (sparring). That doesn't work for me. I need to drill alot and am looking at getting a dummy.

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    I have it because I travel a lot for work. It's totally legit if you want to keep your muscle memory on point. That's what it does best. When I go to class after being off the grid for a week I still feel like I'm in my comfort zone. Nothing feels awkward or like I've been "out of the loop" for too long. It's all about repetition. I made my own 10P agenda on paper and that's what I drill through each day. I broke it out into 5 sections and do 1 section a day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234