Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

The Triangle Choke

Just thought I would share a video that helped me out tremendously with my triangles. I saw this about a year ago and have been drilling it this way ever since. Enjoy.

Does anybody have this DVD set?

"The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Don't have the set (sry) but you can find a big proportion of the vids online. That one in particular made a huge difference in my triangle finishing rate. Amazing concept, and broken down in a beautifully simple way. The video is easy to understand as a white belt, but still useful to many high-ranked fighters. Go Ryan Hall!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I do go down worth one leg. Never thought to use the other too. Ill have to try it out.

Array

School
    10th Planet
    this just blew my mind...

i used to do what i called the bj penn where i reach down and grab my hooking foot like a lever. i also observe by turning sideways it greatly limits their ability to stack.

I got the instructional set. It's hard to watch for me, since he bashes the rubber guard on that one...
    That being said he's sharing great info about the triangle choke.

Ryan Hall ttt!

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I own it. I like this finishing the triangle DVD. His setups aren't my favorite though. I do hit triangles off inverted guard like he does, but 10th Planet Triangle setups are way more effective than Ryan's (for me).

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    That DVD set is pure gold even if he's subtly bashing the rubber guard.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Yeah, that freebie drastically changed my game as well. There are many other situations (especially in a mounted triangle) where the setup is slightly out of position when the thigh press is the ideal finish over the knee squeeze.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    That DVD set is pure gold even if he's subtly bashing the rubber guard.
    Yeah, but his criticism was that it encouraged people to play guard off of a flattened back. I don't know what rubber guard videos he was watching but that critique is just nutty and irrelevant. So I can easily disregard his opinion on that matter. If he actually had a criticism that had weight I might actually shun the DVD set in fear of it making me realize that my whole rubber guard game is a farce.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast