Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    straight shotgun....thats the sound of nightmares

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    I think it snapped his Fibia and tibia. I've had my ankle poped but snapping both bones in the lower leg.. f that.

I Can't wait to train with Zog on the 8th : )

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    Dang tht was sick

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Ya the guy only had it locked for a split second but instead of tapping he tried to get out.

In the gym I see guys get like armbars and go slow with the finish but the guy on the bottom will keep struggling and use all his power to get out... but the truth is that I wanted to break your arm you wouldn't have gotten out it was a kindness of not wanting to hurt you.

That doesn't exist in competition your opponent will finish.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    My reflex to tap to submissions would kick in.
    LMAO.

I guess this is a good example of why toe holds are illegal in so many comps. Guys who don't train them don't know how to defend them and don't realize how dangerous they are until it's too late.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    there's leg locks and then there's just grabbing the foot and yanking the fucking shin sideways.

scary shit

I always tap quick with lower body submissions. I'm not very knowledgable of what my legs and feet can take, and I'm not going to risk a broken leg over finding that out. Missing like 8 months would suck

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    there's leg locks and then there's just grabbing the foot and yanking the fucking shin sideways.

scary shit
    Theres proper leg lock defenses and escapes and then theres just flailing around like and idiot because you fail to train them correctly which results in you injuring yourself.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    Ya the guy only had it locked for a split second but instead of tapping he tried to get out.

In the gym I see guys get like armbars and go slow with the finish but the guy on the bottom will keep struggling and use all his power to get out... but the truth is that I wanted to break your arm you wouldn't have gotten out it was a kindness of not wanting to hurt you.

That doesn't exist in competition your opponent will finish.
    I can't see the video due to work computer filters, but we were talking about this last night, and Stew Landry said exactly what you said.
    It's not fair to your training partner to put them on the spot, forcing them to either bail on a submission or to implement it full-on, possibly causing an injury which they will feel bad for. Just fucking tap.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I can't see the video due to work computer filters, but we were talking about this last night, and Stew Landry said exactly what you said.
    It's not fair to your training partner to put them on the spot, forcing them to either bail on a submission or to implement it full-on, possibly causing an injury which they will feel bad for. Just fucking tap.
    Good point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast