Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center

Choosing a School

My BJJ instructor is closing his doors and moving to Brazil permanently. So now Im forced to choose between a few schools. There is my original school American Top Team, Pablo Popovitch school, Cyborg and Freestyle Fighting Academy. Tough choices. What do you guys think?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Pablo Popovitch seems to stick out the most to me, but are you just going for BJJ or are you wanting to do MMA? No matter what, those are all good places in my book. best of luck!

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    thanks, BJJ only. no mma

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I don't think there is a wrong choice here!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    give each of the places a month of honest assessment. then choose. all those places are super legit, so it'd be hard to go wrong it seems.

i have to say i have always been impressed by david and marcos avellan, so i think the first place i would try personally would be FFA.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I would visit each one and make a decision from there. Cyborg is the man though so thats prob where I would go but thats a tough one
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    yeah cyborg might be a bit far now that i think of it. And if you go with Pablo then you get cyborg also because they are kinda aligned as the avengers.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    As a guy who trains at ATT Boston, I'd obviously say go ATT! Haha, which ATT would you be going to? Coconut Creek or West Palm Beach?

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    As a guy who trains at ATT Boston, I'd obviously say go ATT! Haha, which ATT would you be going to? Coconut Creek or West Palm Beach?
    ATT Fort Lauderdale. And now Cyborg and FFA with the Avellan Bros. are out due to distance and scheduling. So its down to Pablo or ATT

Array

School
    Great Grappling Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Fort Mill South Carolina (Near Charlotte NC)
    another vote here for FFA. One of my main training partners came from there and they have some legit grappling for sure (as do the other schools that you named). If I recall correctly, FFA is very much a no gi centered school. You may find that more appealing than some of the other options available based on that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast