Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fort Worth?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by La'akea Sanborn View Post
    no you're right, it's blue, but I was saying something like a t shirt from a consumer standpoint doesn't always designate rank, so if you buy a gray 10p tshirt, are you rep'n a grey belt? However in cases where the affiliation is stating that it is a ranked item, if there is a sense of central control on it's distribution, than it's harder for frauds to violate it's representation. OTM, Budo videos, and amazon are examples of how this can happen easily, but if we as an affiliation designate an item as an official 10p ranked item then the distributor of "10p" items within our moons and hotboxes can carryout the executive decisions of who it can be distributed to properly. Ya know...

Believe me, I understand the thought behind earning your belt, I'm just offering a suggestion as to how we as an affiliation can implement a protocol of sorts.
    There all ready protocols set in place, anyone thats interested in 10th Planet knows we use shirts to designate rank, period. The reason they are available to everyone to order is because some people not attending an affiliate or hotbox have actual rank. BJJ ranks have cross over to 10th Planet. So if you're a 10th planet fan and a purple belt in BJJ you can wear a purple rank shirt. Its not rocket science. I find it extrememly disrepectful of those that wear rank shirts they havent earned when they know what the shirt stands for, regardless if blue or purple is your favorite color. You can play devils advocate all you want, these are our systems rules and if you want to be a part of our system and association you abide by them, its pretty simple.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-29-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The color of the moon on the shirt has nothing to do with the rank. The color of the actual shirt does.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    There all ready protocols set in place, anyone thats interested in 10th Planet knows we use shirts to designate rank, period. The reason they are available to everyone to order is because some people not attending an affiliate or hotbox have actual rank. BJJ ranks have cross over to 10th Planet. So if you're a 10th planet fan and a purple belt in BJJ you can wear a purple rank shirt. Its not rocket science. I find it extrememly disrepectful of those that wear rank shirts they havent earned when they know what the shirt stands for, regardless if blue or purple is your favorite color. You can play devils advocate all you want, these are our systems rules and if you want to be a part of our system and association you abide by them, its pretty simple.
    +1
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I'm with you on this. Also imo Brandon has great respect for Eddie, which can easily be witnessed throughout the video whenever he says "My master, Eddie Bravo". He says it with reverence. You can tell he was proud to be a part of 10th Planet.
    I love that DVD set.

Indeed.
    Then you got conned like everyone else. Charisma is usually the defining trait in most con men. All of us OGs took a huge kick in the sack due to Bradon's out right lies. There were mistakes he hid and covered shit up, then blatantly lied about it later. Thats not reverence thats bullshit.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-29-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Then you got conned like everyone else. Charisma is usually the defining trait in most con men. All of us OGs took a huge kick in the sack due to Bradon's out right lies. These were mistakes he hid and covered shit up then blatantly lied about it later. Thats not reverence thats bullshit.
    Yeah fuck that guy!

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Broster View Post
    haha i think it's time for a poll, i still maintain it's the grey shirt but it looks like i'm losing at least 4 people say blue
    whose with me and grey........anyone!!!
    haha Mick I am still sat here none the wiser as to which of us needs to book an opticians appointment so a poll sounds pretty good right now. :-)

I need new glasses anyway so think I am going to book in for next week. :-)

Array

School
    In my mind

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Then you got conned like everyone else. Charisma is usually the defining trait in most con men. All of us OGs took a huge kick in the sack due to Bradon's out right lies. There were mistakes he hid and covered shit up, then blatantly lied about it later. Thats not reverence thats bullshit.
    Ahh, sounds gay. Like I said I am late to the party and just guessed based on gut feeling. Thanks for the clarification.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    The wise and powerful Zog =)

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I didn't know. I guess ill stop wearing it for now. I'll need it eventually =p

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast