Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Worth?

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Broster View Post
    it's the grey t-shirt to be fair Brandon the same one i'm wearing in my avatar, and not one of the ranked ones
    Yeah I couldn't tell for sure, that's why I said if it is. I just wanted to make sure he is aware of the ranking system

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    ..but in all seriousness, i really am lookin for a rolling partner.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertF View Post
    ..but in all seriousness, i really am lookin for a rolling partner.
    You really should check out 10th P Sherman atleast monthly if possible. I know there are several good schools in the Dfw area too.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by La'akea Sanborn View Post
    On a side note: I thought brandon quicks fade to black dvd series was pretty awesome. Yes there was some flashy shit, and yes there was a question regarding his true rank, but as far as quality in technique and instruction I thought it was good. He's been attacked for using 10th planet for economic gain and falsifying or unknowingly passing on questionable information, but I think he has skills.
    I'm with you on this. Also imo Brandon has great respect for Eddie, which can easily be witnessed throughout the video whenever he says "My master, Eddie Bravo". He says it with reverence. You can tell he was proud to be a part of 10th Planet.
    I love that DVD set.

the guy made a brash statement, and it seems to have rubbed people the wrong way. I can't say I don't agree with what's been said, especially in consideration to rep'n 10pjj, but buddy if you're turning down rolls and making claims like this I can see how other ronin may be offended. At least there's still open invitations. right?
    Indeed.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Also, I suspect the gloves are red, but show up as pink due to the camera flash.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I'm with you on this. Also imo Brandon has great respect for Eddie, which can easily be witnessed throughout the video whenever he says "My master, Eddie Bravo". He says it with reverence. You can tell he was proud to be a part of 10th Planet.
    I love that DVD set.
    Yeah, and then when his lineage lies came out and he got kicked out, he claimed he "left 10th Planet" because he didn't agree with Eddie's advocacy of weed. Very respectful, right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I watched his video. It was good. Doesn't make him less of an asshole though.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    to me that's all old news, and really involves brandon and eddie alone. to make a reference to it is going out of your way to point out something that's already well known. I'm not offended or upset by the comments, I just feel that there's no value or merit to using it as the butt of a joke and understand that compassion goes farther than persecution. We've all made mistakes, maybe the same one more than once, but I don't think It's ever been supplemental to be bombarded by criticism from people who aren't directly involved.

too each there own opinion, but I just thougt I'd shed a different light. It's easy to point the finger, hard to forgive and encourage growth. besides when you point you got three fingers pointing right back at ya

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    in response to Mr woosleys conviction toward the ranking system. I very much respect the effort that others have put in to EARN there rank, whether represented with a shirt, rash guard, or shorts. I do understand that this has been a topic before on the boards, but to play advocate, if it really were that big a deal then we shouldn't compromise it by selling them freely to anyone who orders. It should be controlled and circulated through the proper channels to ensure the sanctity of it's representation. As a moon instructor, or someone who's influential in starting one in his community, I'm sure you see that this is not an attack on your belief, rather a constructive criticism on how we can alleviate this situation.

I see alot of potential in the gear department of the website, and how it can possibly subsidize to other moons and hot boxes to create a selection that's both appealing to the consumer while also enforcing a sense of standard protocol through things like uniforms or affiliation gear that pertains to rank. A central store may also generate funds to spread the system further and keep the affiliation growing by raising funds to help upstart more moons and hot boxes. I'm also a big fan of each moon or hot box screening there own designs to keep things relevant to there peeps. again, just a different look at the same picture.

respectfully

in response to Mr woosleys conviction toward the ranking system. I very much respect the effort that others have put in to EARN there rank, whether represented with a shirt, rash guard, or shorts. I do understand that this has been a topic before on the boards, but to play advocate, if it really were that big a deal then we shouldn't compromise it by selling them freely to anyone who orders. It should be controlled and circulated through the proper channels to ensure the sanctity of it's representation. As a moon instructor, or someone who's influential in starting one in his community, I'm sure you see that this is not an attack on your belief, rather a constructive criticism on how we can alleviate this situation.

I see alot of potential in the gear department of the website, and how it can possibly subsidize to other moons and hot boxes to create a selection that's both appealing to the consumer while also enforcing a sense of standard protocol through things like uniforms or affiliation gear that pertains to rank. A central store may also generate funds to spread the system further and keep the affiliation growing by raising funds to help upstart more moons and hot boxes. I'm also a big fan of each moon or hot box screening there own designs to keep things relevant to there peeps. again, just a different look at the same picture.

respectfully
    I could go to otm, Budovideos videos, Atama or even amazon right now and buy a black belt. I guess we should make them aware they aren't going through proper channels to insure that some fraud couldn't buy a belt they didn't earn and wear it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast