Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

A new finish from the truck???

Check this out yalls, it's from Joel Nott's crew in PA, try it out and tell me what you think, I think it looks legit, but won't know til someone gets a few legit taps in rolling
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    What's being attacked? Hip joint? Calf muscle? Knee? Looks like it has potential.

But at the same time it looks like I could kick right out of it since the only thing holding my leg in place is him gripping his elbow. It becomes quadriceps versus fingertip grip strength to break the grip. Then glutes and hamstrings versus his bicep to kick the leg free. But I'm thinking like a HW. I could see myself bullying a fw with it, but I couldn't picture myself hitting that on my old HW rolling partners. Their legs would be too strong.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    I like it, knees & hips oh my

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I could see myself bullying a fw with it, but I couldn't picture myself hitting that on my old HW rolling partners. Their legs would be too strong.
    I could see myself bullying some heavyweights with it! Lol I'll be trying this out tonight for sure!

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Looks similar to the way Braulio finishes from there by hugging the knee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlBRBZ9KLAI

2:25

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Thats some real Limb snapping ninja shit!! I couldnt hear the name of it though?

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    I'd like some elaboration on this technique as well. It seems like the hips are what's being manipulated but I'm not sure. I'd concur with the earlier statement that a figure four with the arms may not be as affective against leg strength unless your torquing down with control of the toes? I guess the truck is limiting his lower body strength but I'd like to try and defend this just to understand the pozeesh and the sensation and sensibility of the attack.

thoughts...

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    braulio estima's version seems like a definitive hip attack. right?

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Is the truck specifically a 10th Planet technique? Have mercy and remember, I am a noob.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Is the truck specifically a 10th Planet technique? Have mercy and remember, I am a noob.
    The basic principles of the truck come from wrestling leg riding. In folkstyle, you end up there in a lot of pinning techniques that come off the cross body ride, such as bananna split or the guillotine (twister). You'll also see variations of the truck in just about any style with a deep leg lock repertoire (SAMBO, Catch, etc).

However, "the Truck" is a specifically 10th Planet name for the position. Eddie came up with the term due his time in the production truck while working for the UFC.

Eddie does advocate a two on one ankle and toe control with the hands though. Don't know that this is "unique", but it's a detail that I personally never picked up on elsewhere.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast