Array

School
    Shawn Hammonds/NMMA

Advice for Moving to LA?

So I posted something similar a while back and didn't get a ton of responses. Its getting close to move date so I figured I'd try again. Any forum members living in LA or who have lived in LA have any advice for someone whos essentially never been? Finding a place is obviously my biggest concern. Ive mostly been going through craigslist but LA is so damn big thats its pretty overwhelming. Is there a better service to check out? Im trying to be someplace reasonably close to HQ.

Im about 5 weeks from the move and starting to kind of scramble so any tips would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by jeron View Post
    So I posted something similar a while back and didn't get a ton of responses. Its getting close to move date so I figured I'd try again. Any forum members living in LA or who have lived in LA have any advice for someone whos essentially never been? Finding a place is obviously my biggest concern. Ive mostly been going through craigslist but LA is so damn big thats its pretty overwhelming. Is there a better service to check out? Im trying to be someplace reasonably close to HQ.

Im about 5 weeks from the move and starting to kind of scramble so any tips would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
    What up homie. I moved out here in April from NYC having never been here before. It was really pretty simple.

1. Find a place on padmapper dot com, it compiles craigslist listings with all other apartment sites and allows for a plethora of filtering options. Your best bet is to choose the room/share option and find a room in someone else's apartment, it is the cheapest option by far, and they'll already have appliances and kitchenware etc. I also got my bed and tv and furniture for my room off craigslist.

You probably want to look in downtown, koreatown, hollywood, silver lake or echo park to be within a reasonable distance to headquarters. Better yet, you'll probably want to stick to Hollywood if you want to still be close to HQ when it relocates to Beverly Hills.

2. Find a car on craigslist, there's a million that run great under $3,000. Or else you can take the metro/buses, which a lot of people do.

3. (If you need to find a job) Sign up with several temp agencies (Adecco, Randstat, etc...) and then apply for other jobs on Craigslist in the meantime so that you are attacking it from several angles.

Definitely an adventure, but easily doable on any budget! Lemme know how it works out or if you need more help!

Array

School
    Shawn Hammonds/NMMA
    Quote Originally Posted by reachnick2012 View Post
    What up homie. I moved out here in April from NYC having never been here before. It was really pretty simple.

1. Find a place on padmapper dot com, it compiles craigslist listings with all other apartment sites and allows for a plethora of filtering options. Your best bet is to choose the room/share option and find a room in someone else's apartment, it is the cheapest option by far, and they'll already have appliances and kitchenware etc. I also got my bed and tv and furniture for my room off craigslist.

You probably want to look in downtown, koreatown, hollywood, silver lake or echo park to be within a reasonable distance to headquarters. Better yet, you'll probably want to stick to Hollywood if you want to still be close to HQ when it relocates to Beverly Hills.

2. Find a car on craigslist, there's a million that run great under $3,000. Or else you can take the metro/buses, which a lot of people do.

3. (If you need to find a job) Sign up with several temp agencies (Adecco, Randstat, etc...) and then apply for other jobs on Craigslist in the meantime so that you are attacking it from several angles.

Definitely an adventure, but easily doable on any budget! Lemme know how it works out or if you need more help!
    Wow great stuff right off the bat. Thanks man

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Stay where you are, just kidding, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jeron View Post

Ohh, how I do not like these stupid moves. The last time I moved a year ago was when I decided to leave Rockford and start a new life in Chicago. I broke up with my wife and wanted to transport all my things to my new home as soon as possible. I managed to do this only thanks to the movers https://www.h2hmovers.com/. They worked just as fast as Flash, and I was even in shock, nor did they spoil any goods. These guys helped me a lot and now I am their regular customer, and in which case I immediately turn to them and even advise them to all my friends. As early as a year, I live alone in my new home and finally forgot my hysterical wife and can live a quiet life. By the way, good luck with the move, I hope I could help you!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    HQ relocating to BH? Huh...

Array

School
    Lookin
    I would advise you take care with the moving itself. You must have a lot of stuff to transport to the new place, and some of them may be pretty fragile. Remember, it's better to use a moving service - this one, for example https://www.h2hmovers.com/, because you can be sure that your stuff is in safety and will be transported to your new house!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I spoke with Eddie, HQ is in DTLA and plans to stay in DTLA for the indeterminate future. Moving to BH was discussed years ago before they settled into their new DTLA location.