Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    Ben Henderson irritates me... His personality and bible bashing gets old... I'm impressed he didn't dedicated his fight to Jesus this time lol
    Most fighters who are religious call out Jesus during the interview. Jon jones does it , I think Vera did it. A ton more do

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Henderson was just too powerful for Diaz. His Korean heritage has blessed him with superior genetics.
    Hahaha nice.

Benson is a beast in the division and is going to give a lot of guys major problems just because of his athleticism, never mind his fighting skills. I'm interested to see who he fights next. Love him or hate him he usually makes for a good fight

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Nate got controlled soooo hard in this match, it wasn't even funny.

I saw someone saying "I respect Nate, when even in the 5th round, was sticking to his gameplan, mean mugging and pushing forward".
    Well I kinda DIDN'T respect him for that...when something stops working, you have a backup.
    I would love to see when Nick or Nate's technique stops working, they switch to...I don't know, actually just fighting and pushing the pace?

Every hand wave, every mean look, is a second they aren't striking or landing something, and on easily flustered fighters that might work, but not at a championship level.

I wanted BJ to win, and Nate to take the belt.
    Really disappointed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    You guys are crazy. You don't have to agree with or even like Henderson's religious devotions; I understand. But to hear him talk after the fight about the brevity of life, seizing the moment, the importance of family over all else... that's the kind of stuff I love to hear. He earned my respect.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Imaginary 10th Planet Sydney
    I love the Diaz brothers but I never thought Nate was anything more than a punchers chance in this fight.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I love the Diaz brothers but I never thought Nate was anything more than a punchers chance in this fight.
    He's a technical striker, with good pressure and amazing submission to fall back on.
    What's lacking from him is strength, wrestling, and a good game plan.

He seems to go in with the same idea for every fight, go in, fluster his opponent with superior striking/pressure/taunting, till it either goes to the ground or he peppers them up to victory.

Everyone talks about the Diaz brothers amazing conditioning, but I don't think they use that tool to it's fullest.

I mean there is only so long you can get by being tossed stand up fighters whom have never been into the 4th round, and succeed.
    You gotta fight the top guys eventually, and very few of them will lose face simply from being flipped off, or taunted.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I would say Ben is one of the most genuine people Ive ever had the chance meet person to person. When I lived in Phx I got the opportunity to train with him at the Lab, and I had no idea that he was anyone until the instructor told me. He wasnt the person to go around talking about his feats or what he had accomplished. And when someone would try to boost his ego and tell him how great he did after a fight.. All youd here him say was how good the other fighter was, and how he was just blessed with a "good day" in that specific instance. Im not sure why so many people think hes cocky.. maybe you are just seeing something i cant, or maybe its the insecurities that come with seeing a guy that good at fighting.. But I can say as far as my experience with him.. I have never heard him say anything negative about one person, nor have i heard him say anything that would place himself on a pedestal.. If anything.. he seemed to try to lower peoples views of him by talking about how hes not as great as they make him sound.. and not taking the credit for what gifts he does have. But nevertheless, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. Mine just happens to be.. Hes a great fighter, and an even better person outside of the cage.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    oh yeah.. and he ALWAYS had a toothpick in his mouth :P

Array

School
    Ronin
    I wonder how people would act if you were like, "I'd like to thank Zues for leading the attack against Chronos and saving humankind." XD

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    I'm not saying he's a total dick, or that I don't like him at all... He definitely has nice things to say at the right times. But I guess it's always the right time to say something nice. I wouldn't say he's two faced or anything, just calculated about how he represents himself. He does try to downgrade the attention on his accomplishments, and constantly promotes his team and those close to him which is nice to see and hear. I liked what he had to say about everything in the post conference I just think that some of that is to suffice the image that he's building of himself.

I may come off as a hater when I'm actually a fan, but it seems counter productive to be all humble and downgrading on the mic, while strutting around in arrogance in the cage. Like he said, guys do what they do to hype themselves up, and that's fine, I'm just not sure if he's as upfront as it may seem. Politically being conservative and polite is as I said, congenial and appropriate if that's your aim, but how many of us believe everything a politician says, or even looks at there public persona as a real person. I don't, but people will view this the way they do, and that's cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast