Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Watkins TKD and BJJ Arlington TX

Need lock down help

Been having an issue of friends getting used to my lockdown game. They now tuck their leg up under their butt to the point I can't reach it from half guard. If I do get lockdown they have figured out a way to do a sort of twister side control escape. I don't know how to reverse or smash it once they start going for it. They don't know 10th planet, only what I have shown them but I'm stuck and can't figure out how to fix it. Any help would be awesome.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Stomp>butterfly guard thats what i been working on people avoid my lockdown now also. Remember the system is just that if one thing dont work move to one of the other points and keep flowing

Array

School
    Watkins TKD and BJJ Arlington TX
    I've been out of the game for 2 years. Just getting back so Ive been practicing my basics. I'll have to get my book out and look that up. Thanks for the help.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikLavigne View Post
    Been having an issue of friends getting used to my lockdown game. They now tuck their leg up under their butt to the point I can't reach it from half guard. If I do get lockdown they have figured out a way to do a sort of twister side control escape. I don't know how to reverse or smash it once they start going for it. They don't know 10th planet, only what I have shown them but I'm stuck and can't figure out how to fix it. Any help would be awesome.
    If you already have half guard and they have their leg up when your attempting to lock it down try to go for the mini stomp to regain the lockdown. If not go Stomp to Cocoon. When they go for the twister pass try to time it and catch an arm triangle or a darce. The best way to avoid the pass is to not let them get it right off the bat. Once you get double unders whip em either fat whip, whip up, whip down and work the different options from them. Its actually a good thing they are catching on to your lockdown game for the simple fact that will have to work harder to get your sweeps etc. Normally once I get my lockdown I go directly to the fat whip and work the electric chair cause thats my money sweep. Its all a matter of who can get to what fastest
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    You can battle for it with your feet, trying to hook the leg and put it back into lockdown, but in my opinion I would switch to (Z Guard, 93 Guard, Terra Guard) and battle from there, or like everyone's said stomp to a butterfly and work your sweeps. The beautiful thing about JJ is there are counters upon counters upon counters and sometimes you've just got to be like water and work something else for a little, because I promise the guys you roll with will eventually get careless because you've been changing it up on them, and then you can rock out your lockdown again. Best of Luck

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    My advice is to not fall in love with the lockdown so much that you forget that there are more than a dozen half guard options to attack with if one of them isn't working. Mini stomp. Stomp. Z guard was mentioned. Deep half attacks. You gotta be able to transition between all of them when one isn't working.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Oh, and for guys who turn away to deal with the LD, check this out. It might be helpful.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    That was an interesting video, thanks for posting that. Fun little truck entrance.

That position, from my experience, turns into a game where the guy on top knows that's your only option and is waiting for it. Then as soon as he see's you go for the butterfly hook, he'll push the knee and step over to mount. What is the best way you guys have found to counter the mount step over when undoing your half guard in twister-pass?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    whats fat whip?

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    whats fat whip?
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast