Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    Ronin

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    SOOO tragic. Gun control/bans only keep guns out of law abiding citizens hands. Bad guys will always find a way to have guns, always. If the 8 adults that were killed were all carrying, my guess is that kid would have killed many fewer inocent people.
    What about banning first person shooter video games that train and condition these kids how to kill from an early age. Nascar drivers use driving games to condition and hone there driving skills, what do you think shooter games do to kids that play starting at age 5-6 and play for 15 years straight. What do we preach in BJJ? REPS,REPS,REPS. You rep a move 1000 times in Training and you can do it without even thinking during fight time!! Yes, I have personally witnessed a 6 year old playing COD. There is also something to be said about family values and parenting gone to crap in our culture!!
    Last edited by Greg W; 12-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    man i wish that was true, but reality is, if thease dudes could only get hand guns then they will still kill people no doubt, but they would run out of ammo after 17 shots then get jumped and beaten to death, certainly the dude in colorado would have gotten jumped and mangled after he ran out of ammo with the first hand gun with all those military dudes in the crowd. this guy ould have been able to fight off those teachers. but with a assault rifles with 223 rounds and 100 round clips shit man you can kill a whole trained platoon with one gun and body armor. it's just a equippment issue 100 round rifles are more deadly than 15 round hand guns. & a reload time. we can't forget that the assault rifle was created by the germans in ww2 the sturm guvere, and it was designed to kill a lot of shit & wipe out whole squads. I grew up with guns, in oklahoma you learn how to shoot very early i've always loved guns but enough is enough man. and that dude in china could have never done that shit in the states because some one would have jumped his ass. all thease gun nuts & the NRA will only give a fuck when there kid gets killed at school. until then they would even like to buy rpg's if they could
    The people need to be able to protect themselves from the government if need be. The government is certainly not going to do away with their guns. It is a Constitutional freedom. It would be an absolute dog-shit precedent to set to do away with something form the bill of rights, next it will be your freedom of speech or religion. That guy could have made a bomb - poisoned their food - used a goddamn sword - it doesn't matter - where there's a will there's a way. This is far more a reflection of societal sickness than a condemnation of firearms.

In the book "inside the mind of a teen killer" by Phil Chalmers, there is a forward written by Lt. Col., U.S. Army (ret). The Lt. Col is a author and speaker, he wrote several books of which, On Killing, and On Combat, are fantastic reads. The Forward reads (I'm not going to quote all of it) a study published by University of Mass and Harvard in 2002 demonstrated that if we had 1970's level medical technology today, the murder rate would be three to four times what it is. If we had 1930's level evacuation, transportation, and medical technology the murder rate would probably be at least ten times what it is today. If we had frontier level medical technology, the rate at which we would be successfully killing each other could be fifteen times what it is now. ......We live in times that make the violence of the old west pale in comparison.

It isn't just the U.S., it is in every industrialized country in the world. There is every reason to believe that it is going to get worse.

These type of killers today want you and everybody else to feel their pain, and they are going to show you their pain. Is it cowardly, pathetic, and disgusting? Absolutely. Is it going to end? Research in the field indicates that since 911 and the writing of Phil Chalmers book, teenagers have killed 12,000 people, the terrorists killed 3,000 in comparison. These teenagers become the adults in our communties.

On page 187 of his book,the section labeled keeping your school and community safe, he writes " the first thing we need to do to keep our schools and communities safe is to pull the heads of all school and community leaders out of the sand! Many of them are too naive to imagine that a violent crime or school shooting could happen in their neighborhood....he names several schools in which this has occurred. He says to take the approach that violence of any caliber CAN happen in your town and in your school.

this is only a very small piece of his writing and lt. col Grossman's writings, both of which are well known experts in the field.
    Last edited by ern; 12-14-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: bad typos and puter screwed up reentry

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    Our hearts go out to the victims and their families. I just can't understand why someone would go so low and kill innocent people, children at that. Shit like that really makes me think about what kind of security they have at our kids schools.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBaut View Post
    Shit like that really makes me think about what kind of security they have at our kids schools.
    Most have none. some have a metal detector. some have a school officer present who may or may not be armed depending on the leanings of the school board (some fear a gun in school). SOme schools have several armed officer or security people on hand. The number one reason every school doesn't have an armed guard is primarily funding. We can pay teachers their scale (not busting on teachers), we can have newer buses, we can have million dollar stadiums and sport complexes, but paying 2-3 people per year for security is a budget breaker.

Most schools have lockdown and emergency drills, depending on their size and geographic location will determine the police response time. To gather a tactical unit at the average school would require hours, unless your in a large metropolitan area with a substantive police force.

Would an armed guard at the school have stopped this? maybe/maybe not, but I know which I would prefer.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    but nobody wants to talk gun control, do regular civilians really need assault rifles ? & what is with thease people that want assault rifles no matter what ? if you can afford it ! just home school your kids. we had metal detectors in my high school that were standard. maybe we need them for all public places. all thease fucking cowardly gun nuts need to stop being so selfish, & thease dudes would have to have black market connections to get assault rifles if banned. witch most don't, the dude in colorado would not have been able to get his rifles through the black market because he was square with no street ties. and the same for this dude i bet, and believe it or not dudes in the criminal world don't kill elementary school kids, they only kill dudes in the game that are snitching or owe money. this is a suburban community with law abiding citizens & only law abiding citizens do this type of shit not street cats
    man i wish that was true, but reality is, if thease dudes could only get hand guns then they will still kill people no doubt, but they would run out of ammo after 17 shots then get jumped and beaten to death, certainly the dude in colorado would have gotten jumped and mangled after he ran out of ammo with the first hand gun with all those military dudes in the crowd. this guy ould have been able to fight off those teachers. but with a assault rifles with 223 rounds and 100 round clips shit man you can kill a whole trained platoon with one gun and body armor. it's just a equippment issue 100 round rifles are more deadly than 15 round hand guns. & a reload time. we can't forget that the assault rifle was created by the germans in ww2 the sturm guvere, and it was designed to kill a lot of shit & wipe out whole squads. I grew up with guns, in oklahoma you learn how to shoot very early i've always loved guns but enough is enough man. and that dude in china could have never done that shit in the states because some one would have jumped his ass. all thease gun nuts & the NRA will only give a fuck when there kid gets killed at school. until then they would even like to buy rpg's if they could

I hate to break it to you but he used two pistols, not an assault rifle. This means he emptied and reloaded and no one beat home to death. Sorry your theory fails. Making guns illegal will not prevent tragedies. Making guns harder for mentally ill people to obtain might help, but in the end, killers will always kill. Law abiding citizens dont commit these acts. criminals with mental problems do. and while thugs may not use their guns to shoot up schools, they do kill kids with strays, they do use them to assault and kill the law abiding. so the law abiders should still have them. What I would prefer is that some teachers be armed and trained. If they were, I doubt he would've been able to dump over 100 rounds with no interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    If the person was black he would be considered a thug, if muslim he would be a terriorist, but because he's white he is mentally ill. Anyways im still baffled on how a man can look at little kids in the eye and kill them. I never thought anything like this can happen in CT but it did, just goes to show anything can happen anywhere.
    Thugs don't shoot up schools, so you're wrong. If he were Muslim (a religion) it wouldn't be far off to assume he might have had religious motive. I mean, a white guy shot up a Sikh temple and was labeled racist. Is that unfair? Honestly, mentally stable people don't do things like this.

This is not about race. This is not about gun control. This is about mental health and a horrible tragedy. We all need to control our knee jerk reactions, control our desire to blame everything, and just mourn. Lets wait for all the info to surface. Then we can talk about preventative measures.

For now just pray for the families. If that's not your thing, then just appreciate your life.
    Last edited by David Rosado; 12-14-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    At first, my knee jerk reaction to this was that weapons bans need to be implemented.. but after a couple minutes of cooling my head, I came to the sanest conclusion I could.
    1. This man is my age. a 20 yr old boy turned a young man decided that he hated something. or someone, and killed (27?) people, mostly children, to fuel his hatred. Whatever set this man off, I can tell you he certainly hated someone. Family? Friends? Himself? God? Society? We may never fully understand it... But the prognosis is simple... HATE.
    2. This man (I call him this only because it gives me some basic moral right in my head to senselessly torture this evil human) committed said crime with 3 weapons, 2 pistols (Glock and Sauer) and had a hunting rifle .223 in his car. These are commonplace weapons, one of which is a popular hunting weapon (.223) and the others popular pistols for home defense (although the Sauer is a very small, concealable weapon when compared to other pistols, but I digress). There were also around 100 rounds fired more or less according to reports.
    The above all leads to one conclusion in my head. I will caps lock my point to make it extra spicy.
    BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS BY ALL MEANS... BUT NO SOLUTION TO GUN CONTROL WOULD HAVE STOPPED THIS SHOOTING.
    This is an act of human tragedy. A Sociopathic, Evil, Fucked up man decided it was time to kill the most innocent people on the planet. Kindergartners. And then in a act of cowardice, he took his own as intended.
    We should never ignore such things. This is a terrible reality. Society is breaking down. We will never understand why our human tendencies lead to such psychopaths. The only thing we can do is hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    For those claiming that he still would've killed without a gun, yeah but not near as efficiently. Bombs aren't easy to make and he wouldn't have access to really poison them. Take for example the slaying in Casper College not too long ago, a guy killed his own father in class with a bow but was unable to kill anybody else. Still a tragedy, but much less of one than if he had a Glock and Sauer in the same situation.

Its a tough one, I own guns and my family owns a LOT of guns. I don't view guns as self defense though, mine are in a safe with trigger locks and unloaded with the ammunition locked seperately, because I don't want to be responsible for any theft or accidental shootings. Plus, almost everyone that owns CCW's are hobbyists at best when it comes to shooting, they ain't going to hit shit in a live fire situation.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    it's simple math, if ther is a crowd of 100 people & you have 15 rounds in a handgun, you may kill 9 if your a good shot once people scatter. but if you have a 100 round Assault Rifle with 223's you can be half blind and kill 50 people. especially in tight spaces like movie theaters & class rooms. i've been at parties where whole crowds got shot at afterwards with hand guns & no one got hit. i don't know why the NRA & gun nuts just can't admit that Assault Rifle's are more dangerous

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast