Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    Alpha Omega in Lebanon, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff V View Post
    The worst assault on a school happened in 1927. A former school board member in Bath Township Michigan killed 45 people with bombs. A week ago a guy killed 3 people with a crossbow. Yesterday a man in china killed 12 kids at a school with a knife. This has nothing to do with the weapon the killer chose to commit his crime. This is an extreme mental health issue we have in this country. A call to ban any type of weapon would be just as effective as our countries war on drugs. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens and the vast majority of guns used to commit crime in this country are obtained illegally. Plus the "assault rifle" designation is nothing more than a description of the way a gun looks. There are plenty of high capacity semi auto guns that are not classified as assault weapons. The evidence for gun control as an effective way to curb these events is in clear contrast to the truth.
    i used to believe in banning guns but i've changed my mind since getting to know pothead gun owners and banning guns is the same as censorship to me. i am so sorry about those kids and all the people who have died violently recently, not sure what else i can really say, it's sad.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hester View Post
    I'm torn on the gun control issues.

I can't help but think that if that chinese guy had a gun, and not a knife, he would have killed more than 10 children. I know that he injured more than 20 kids. You can get a lot more done in shorter time with a few pistols than with a knife.

Maybe only allow non-automatic hunting rifles in the U.S.?
    Maybe you're right? Or, on the other hand, had their gun laws permitted ccw, the killer could've been stopped before causing even more damage.

I've been doing some research and it seems that a number of shooting sprees are cut short by armed civilians. I gotta do more research, but so far that seems to be the trend. And it would make sense. If nothing else, it would serve as a distraction to allow people to escape. Or it would make the assailant take cover and stop shooting.

So far I've found out about the Pearl High School shooting spree that was cut short by a principal who had a gun in his car, the Parker Middle School dance shooting that was cut short by the venue owner, and the Trolley Square Mall shooting where an off duty outside of his jurisdiction pinned the shooter down with fire from his personal carry firearms until swat arrived.

These are only 3 incidents and I'm still reading about more. The massive tragedies we hear about continue due to no resistance. The ones met with resistance are cut short. And since the body count isn't big, the news barely covers them. I can get all conspiracy theorist on you guys, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Maybe you're right? Or, on the other hand, had their gun laws permitted ccw, the killer could've been stopped before causing even more damage.

I've been doing some research and it seems that a number of shooting sprees are cut short by armed civilians. I gotta do more research, but so far that seems to be the trend. And it would make sense. If nothing else, it would serve as a distraction to allow people to escape. Or it would make the assailant take cover and stop shooting.

So far I've found out about the Pearl High School shooting spree that was cut short by a principal who had a gun in his car, the Parker Middle School dance shooting that was cut short by the venue owner, and the Trolley Square Mall shooting where an off duty outside of his jurisdiction pinned the shooter down with fire from his personal carry firearms until swat arrived.

These are only 3 incidents and I'm still reading about more. The massive tragedies we hear about continue due to no resistance. The ones met with resistance are cut short. And since the body count isn't big, the news barely covers them. I can get all conspiracy theorist on you guys, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
    How about instead of stopping the shooter with a gun after he already shot and killed several people, we lower as much as we can the probabilities of the shooting happening in the first place?

If you have more people with guns even if you cut short some shootings i believe there will also be more shootings, so in the end more people will be dead.

Also i believe that in the majority of situations having lots of people carrying guns besides the shooter will lead to more people being killed due to confusion about who was the original shooter ( so they would start shooting themselves thinking they were shooting the original shooter), there would be more bullets flying through the air which means more innocents would be killed, the cops themselves would be more nervous and shoot first and ask questions later since themselves can't know who from all the people shooting is the original shooter,etc...

These shootings are chaotic events and adding more guns to the mix i believe would do much more harm than good.

You talk about conspiracies as do others, but how about the big conspiracy? making tons of money selling guns. Money, it's always the money. Please make sure to check where you get your facts from and see if the authors aren't making money of all this.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    How about instead of stopping the shooter with a gun after he already shot and killed several people, we lower as much as we can the probabilities of the shooting happening in the first place?

If you have more people with guns even if you cut short some shootings i believe there will also be more shootings, so in the end more people will be dead.
    I can see where you're coming from. But it's an assumption, and it's like you're still blaming guns for mass killings. The root of the violence is that people want to hurt others. Are there mass stabbings in the US? No? then why would you believe that we'd have more mass shootings? That makes no sense. Listen, I'd love to live in a gun free world. But since we don't, it makes no sense to neuter responsible citizens.

Also i believe that in the majority of situations having lots of people carrying guns besides the shooter will lead to more people being killed due to confusion about who was the original shooter ( so they would start shooting themselves thinking they were shooting the original shooter), there would be more bullets flying through the air which means more innocents would be killed, the cops themselves would be more nervous and shoot first and ask questions later since themselves can't know who from all the people shooting is the original shooter,etc...
    Statistics prove you wrong. Stats show that armed citizens end shooting sprees faster than the police.

You talk about conspiracies as do others, but how about the big conspiracy? making tons of money selling guns. Money, it's always the money. Please make sure to check where you get your facts from and see if the authors aren't making money of all this.
    Making money selling guns is not the big conspiracy. Hhahahaah. Oil is much bigger. The military industrial complex is a way bigger conspiracy contributor. Civilian carry is not a conspiracy to make money. And what if someone is making money off of it? Does it make it less factual? Do sellers of medicinal herbs not make money? Do educators not make money? I understand your knee jerk reaction, but you're looking in the wrong place for the problem. People are the problem. Not tools.

I can see where you're coming from. But it's an assumption, and it's like you're still blaming guns for mass killings. The root of the violence is that people want to hurt others. Are there mass stabbings in the US? No? then why would you believe that we'd have more mass shootings? That makes no sense.
    I don't understand what your point is here. Even though there are more knives than guns doing mass murder with guns is way easier, and the more guns there are the higher the chances your loved ones will be caught in one.

Listen, I'd love to live in a gun free world.
    That's not possible, but you can have a society were guns are rare and very hard to get.

But since we don't, it makes no sense to neuter responsible citizens.
    Here we go again, with the black and white view of the world...

Statistics prove you wrong. Stats show that armed citizens end shooting sprees faster than the police.
    I wonder were you got those statistics from... but let's suppose they are true, you have to bear in mind that those cases only one person had a gun, not everybody had one. Do you believe that in the aurora theater shooting if several people had guns in the audience less people would have died?

Making money selling guns is not the big conspiracy. Hhahahaah. Oil is much bigger. The military industrial complex is a way bigger conspiracy contributor. Civilian carry is not a conspiracy to make money. And what if someone is making money off of it?
    When i was talking about conspiracy i was talking only in the universe of gun control conspiracies. People who mention all the gun control conspiracies always fail to mention that there are a lot of people making huge tons of money selling guns. Did the places were you got your statistics from showed the ones about how much gun sales increase after these kinds of violence acts occur? The more fear the more guns they sell!

I understand your knee jerk reaction
    Please don't insult me, give me the same courtesy i am giving you. My views are based on a lot of time researching and trying to learn as much as i can on the issue. Just because i have a different view from yours don't assume it is a "knee jerk reaction".

but you're looking in the wrong place for the problem. People are the problem. Not tools.
    Guns are tools for killing so please stop comparing them to cars and other examples like that. They are not equivalent, it is not a fair comparison.

Of course people are the problem. I thought i was pretty clear about that when i said before: "We are all people, and people can be negligent, stupid, angry, crazy, sick, jealous, overconfident, drugged, drunk, make mistakes, etc... "

That is why i want to make it has hard as possible for them to get guns.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234