Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Naga world champion / Rubber guard vs Wrestling

Prior to the event I told Cora she will more than likely face a wrestler since up north texas and Oklahoma there are a lot of kid wrestlers. ANd sure enough, what did she get in her first match.....a wrestler..... a side note: wrestling and takedowns are her worst area of this sport.... enjoy as both kids put on a show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq34TXDMrAI

Representing the 10th planet system all the way!!!!! Of all the matches I watched, and over 500 kids competitors, I didn't see any other kid putting up the rubber guard.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Damn homie. She's a beast. Major props to her. Can't wait to see what kind of beast she'll be in her teens. Awesome to watch. I hope my little girl develops an interest in BJJ.

Array

School
    Well not a really beast yet...although she kills with the bear crawl....lol anyways from my 2 years in this sport, I noticed that this sport is growing. THere are more and more kids at our gym and at every tournaments. WHo knows, but maybe in years to come, this might be an Olympic event. But most importantly, this is the best self defense for girls. But I always tell my daughter to never hit anyone first, if she have too, just choke them out., therefore there's no hitting....

Array

School
    here is her NO Gi Gold metal match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5GhbG0qqxk

It was a good fight, but in the end, the boy was way too strong and big that she can't even get to her game plan...ie Rubber Guard... Anyone of you out there that is a coach or just know what they are talking about, please chyme in. WHat can she do in this situation to have a better outcome against someone who is bigger and stronger. Her guard usually is very strong for kids her size, but this boy bust through her guard so easily.

Array

School
    On the Rubber guard vs Wrestling match, Cora let the boy take her down so that she can pull the rubber guard. It was our plan...give up 2 points for a submission.

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    When it comes to grappling, the only way to beat something is to study it thoroughly. Whatever you're getting smashed with, learn it. That way you know the holes in that game and it's a thousand times easier to defend. If wrestling is her weakest, drill it until it's her strongest.

Array

School
    That is so true.... oh believe me, we are going to pick up her training to another notch. Since she is being over powered by this kid, I will have her roll with our 80-90 lbs boys at the gym all the time. If she can sub them on a consistant basis, she will be ready for this boy the next time.

Array

School

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    The same thing happened to one of ours, he got controlled by a strong wrestler. So, we have to modify our kids' training as well. Our problem is we're so used to chill rollin at the gym with no time limits, just working skill and technique, and we forget that a tourney roll is faster and sometimes the opponent gets pretty crazy, especially if they see a 10TH Planet flag. haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Sherman
    Looked good in that Gi match, by the way!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast