Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Certain companies (and gov't members) have been pushing for the chip for a while. Check out a documentary called Freedom to Fascism. It covers it well. The company is/was called Verichip.

As for aliens/crop circles...in Genesis it speaks of other beings marrying the "daughters of men". There is also talk of anakim and other giants (nephilim)...thats what Noah and the flood was about. They were breeding with the women and were evil and had to be wiped away.

So clearly something was on earth at the same time or even before man

Of course this is a biblical view which some may not agree with at all, BUT it does show that it doesn't contradict the idea of aliens or other beings

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by miketubbs View Post
    Certain companies (and gov't members) have been pushing for the chip for a while. Check out a documentary called Freedom to Fascism. It covers it well. The company is/was called Verichip.

As for aliens/crop circles...in Genesis it speaks of other beings marrying the "daughters of men". There is also talk of anakim and other giants (nephilim)...thats what Noah and the flood was about. They were breeding with the women and were evil and had to be wiped away.

So clearly something was on earth at the same time or even before man

Of course this is a biblical view which some may not agree with at all, BUT it does show that it doesn't contradict the idea of aliens or other beings
    I dont really care if it's true or who believes it, it's interesting to think about, it could be true. Lord of the rings isn't real and I liked that.

I remember the bible mentions giants several times, does it give a description of the size of these people in any type of units like cubits? Was Goliath one of these giants?

Something that is confusing to me is that you would think (I would think) that god could make a book or something that would explain things in a crystal clear and concrete manner and would kind of auto update or something so that it made perfect sense to whoever read it. So if a guy from thousands of years in the future read it, then the book would be extremely detailed and scientific and if a guy from the stone age read it then the book would have terms they could grasp. Do you think a version of the bible like this could exist and is kept by one of the churches or in the ark of the convent or hidden at another holy site?

Is the bible inspired by god and if so to what extent? ie word for word or very generally. Are we missing books? Are there extra books? Why doesn't god just speak to us directly, I dont mean metaphorically but like I would speak to you?

When it says we are made in his image, does that mean god has a body with a head and arms and legs? Does he have guts or a brain? Or do we just think like he does? What did they mean by image?

How could the bible leave out so many things that seem important like when was the earth made? God had to know we would find dinosaur fossils, is he trying to mess with us? Is god ever shown in the bible to have a sense of humor?

the trinity also confuses the hell out of me. How can you be more than one being. during the time god was in the form of Jesus was he also his regular self? Is the holy ghost visible or tangible like jesus was?

The bible says we are gods favorites, right? would he/does he protect us from aliens?

I've asked similar questions when I was in sunday school but instead of answering me the lady got pissed off as if the questions aren't obvious and the pasture was cool but all he could say was that it all hinges on faith. I'm not going to be able to find evidence to prove a lot of it and some thing may not make sense like why does god allow horrible things to happen.

Even when I was a little kid I couldnt understand faith. Why am I going to believe in something that doesn't seem right and I cant prove? I dont understand what faith is. Is it an emotion? The definition in the dictionary makes it sound like its the same as belief or hope but that makes no sense because the reason for holding the belief is faith.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 12-21-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Wow Aaron, I like they way you think. That is some deep theological stuff. The short answer is most of the answers will be between you and God. I am no way qualified to answer but I'll give my thoughts.
    I'm sure you understand faith 100%. You go to the fridge, grab a jug that says milk, pour a glass, have faith that is actually milk, and take a drink. It could be any number of other milk looking substances, you have faith that it is milk. Everytime you sit in a chair you have faith that it will hold you, or do you put a weight similar to yours on the chair everytime before you sit to prove it will hold your weight?

Why God allows horrible things to happen? Remember we only know 1% of what God knows for his master plan,it is Gods desire for all to live and prosper, and satans desire to Kill and destroy. We do have free will. There is always a battle raging over us. Sometimes, with lots of old testement examples, God says do XXXXX and people don't do it, so God simply looks away and lets Satan have his way. Sometimes Satan just flat out wins the battle and decieves and kills. more later.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Crop circles? That part of the video was very strange to me at first and just dismissed that part as a little crazyness. But if we are just proposing possible answers, it could be godly beings or satanic beings trying to communicate. have you heard the saying "handwriting on the wall"? That is from the book of Daniel. A strange message was written on the wall to a king, and God only told one man what it actually said. Could really be a heavenly message!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Wish my church was as accepting to questions as you are.
    If the answer are between me and god then I'm probably screwed because I'm 30 and hes not talking yet. Never one single whisper or sign. When people say god talks to them, do they hear anything with their ears? How do they know that there not crazy if it's in your head.

I like your milk analogy but I feel it employs a little flawed logic. Hear me out. It makes sense that a milk container in the fridge would have milk in it. I dont require faith to believe that it contains milk because its reasonable and my past experiences lead to to make the assumption that the contents will be milk. So Im making an assumption based on past experience and reason. A mountain of data could be collected and analyzed scientifically showing that in an overwhelming percentage of case, the substance inside a milk container found inside refrigerator will be milk. No faith required.

I just dont see why satan is allowed to do anything, god could snap his fingers and he'd be un-created, right? or is he too powerful to just get rid of that way?
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 12-21-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    lot of questions there...I'm about to run out the door so I'll do a more thorough response after...I'll message it to you so as not to hijack the thread. I went through a lot of those questions myself before becoming Christian (didn't grow up with it)

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    oh carp, didn't think about this being off the thread topic, sorry everyone.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Religion is a device used to control the masses. The people in Charge (Bankster, illuminattie, etc) problably dont get to bent out a shape about it. Its just another method to divide the people and make it harder to get organized. I used to be Christian, but after learning how things actually work, I gave up on religion. Makes getting along with others so much easier, an allows me to keep an open mind.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    So you dont think the secret society people are religious? Interesting, what unites them? How did they get in?

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    So you dont think the secret society people are religious? Interesting, what unites them? How did they get in?
    Just saying religion is what divides us, there has to be common ground and I think theirs might be greed and power. People have the right to believe what they want, however I dont like when it makes people violent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast