Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Lockdown Please Help

So not wanting to jack someone else's thread, I decide to start one for myself. Yes its on the subject of the lockdown. Please view this vid and give me advice on what she needs to focus on. For this sparring match, she is going against the best boy in the gym at her age group. She practice the lockdown only 1 hour before going to the gym that night. I know this is just the start, but I want yall help pin point the area where we need to focus her training on so that she can be ready for the Kids Pan Am in Feb. And please don't just say ALL...... be more precise. THank you so much... Bruce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8MKfy1-iC0

btw did you count how many 10thPlanetJJ she threw at him?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I didn't get a chance to watch the full video but I watched the first few minutes. Couple things I would like to point out , once she got the lockdown the boy sat right up creating lots of space. She could have unlocked the lockdown and replaced full guard. It took me a while to remember just because I have lockdown doesn't mean I can't bail and get full guard if he creates space.

It looked like she was going for electric chair, she had the arm around the leg for the fat whip which u need to be on your side for. She was laying flat on her back. Also when she tried getting his leg around her neck she kinda just shrugged it over then attempted to roll. If she gets on her left side for the fat whip, then stretch the lockdown as much as u can go, angry rainbow ( lockdown stretched from the left side to the right side in a big arching motion like a rainbow. In the middle point of the arch take her freehand. ( not the one holding the leg onto her neck ) and Heisman ( pimp arm) into his arm pit . This will keep him from turning in and it will keep him straightened out for the submission. When u try to finish the sub make sure the lockdown stays stretched. It's important to note during the whole transition to keep the lockdown stretched and do not stretch them loosen then stretch.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    Double under hooks is a must then whip up, then oldschool or plan b or electric chair

Array

School
    But be sure to keep the lockdown and double unders

Array

School
    Tight

I would agree with Jeremy with everything he said. Some little things that helped me:

1) If dude wants to sit up in your lockdown, take guard like Jeremy said, or double underhook and pull him down
    2) I wouldn't try electric chair unless his torso weight is down (i.e. double unders first, then go for electric chair)
    3) Once she's under the dude's leg, get on her elbow immediately faced behind/under the guy's leg
    4) At 4:39, try the whip down (I actually don't know if I'm using the right term, but it's the 5-0 control attempt); I usually can hit the electric chair immediately after whip down

Hope any of that helps her. Good luck!

Array

School
    Hey thanks guys... and merry Xmas.....

I've watched many vids on this subject and thus far all I found are no gi vids. What about the gi? With a gi on, what is stopping the guy on top from choking you out with the gi or just try to put his weight on you and americana you even when you have the lockdown??

Array

School
    Look up Magnus Hanson vids he's the gi 10p guy he shows how to use it with the gi

Array

School
    tried to look him up but can't find anything...just a bunch of skater vids.

Array

School
    Gracie Floripa North Shore
    Securing the double underhooks should leave you in a safe position, gi or no-gi. I'm currently training here in Brazil in a Gracie academy and I throw lockdowns all the time. The secret is balance and the double unders. When they are coming for your neck/lapelle or arm, you have a small window where you can throw them and go for your sweep of choice (Old School, Plan B, Electric Chair).
    Securing those double unders is key, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast