Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Thanks buddy....we are working on it as we speak. Yes we are working on our JJ on Xmas in a house full of family. What you said about the double underhook is what we just figured out before I came on here and check this thread... So I guess we are on the right path. One draw back is that I'm so heavy and my daughter can't do the proper Whip up, so we end up just doing the Plan B and old school sweep as its might be illegal for kids to do the electric chair. Our goal is to get this down before she go back to the gym next monday.

Array

School
    Gracie Floripa North Shore
    The submission might not be ok, but there's the electric pass as well!
    I can see that you and your daughter have passion for JJ and that's what really matters. Keep posting your vids and improving!

Array

School
    Thanks, well its about 10:30pm here in Houston and its Xmas. Guess what we did after dinner and all the gift exchange was done..? We cleared a corner of the kitchen so that Cora and her cousin can spar. They put a good showing for the grown folks and work off those calories. Videos will be up soon...

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    Establish lockdown, stretch them out, gain double underhooks, and get to your side (whip up, whip up 2.0, fat whip, whip down). That is the beginning of the basic path for half guard not including the sweeps that follow, but if any one of these basic fundamentals than the technique will be lacking. Cora got to lockdown but several times neglected the stretch out and clinching tight double unders. After that she seemed content to be flat on her back, major no no. I had the same issues starting lockdown but you should definitely have her drill fundamentals first before working sweeps or transitions.

Array

School
    thanks buddy, I've been over her vid many times now since I last posted this thread and I too see this as well. We are working on it. I feel that if she get this lockdown and all the sweep and transitions down, she will have another weapon in her arsenal. Most of the matches that she lost is because the other kids are passing her guard. Well not all the kids, only the bigger and heavier kids. Kids her size can't pass her guard anymore. Once they are in her guard, the rubber guard comes quick and so is the tap out. If she get this lockdown, a huge puzzle to her game is added.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    Team gringo on YouTube will take you to him

Array

School
    Looking back at all the tournament lost she had in the past 4 months, if we would have known about the lockdown, she would have been undefeated. Aside from her last NAGA tap out lost, all the lost she had before was only by points. I train her to finish the fight, not collecting points, as I don't even know the point system myself. So when she tried to submit them, they sometimes pass her guard and win the match that way. I feel the lockdown is crucial to bring her game to the next level. This vid is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vASvcSnnCi4

Array

School
    Been watching alot of youtube vid of Marcelo Garcia and many other elite fighters and I notice that they don't even use the lockdown at all. Is the lockdown only for 10thplanet people? Also my daughter and I have been working hard on the lockdown during this holiday, and its up to the point when she really apply pressure and stretch me out really hard, I can't bare the paint as her shin ripped my calf muscle. I had to tap. This lead me to be concern about the kids she competing with. Will she get disqualify for the lockdown in competition? Hopefully some of you guys who compete can answer this for me. Thanks Bruce and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The lockdown is just pain, no damage. No one legit will tap to it. That said, some kids might If so, she shouldn’t be DQ’ed for that, but who knows about refs these days.

Array

School
    These past few days we been focusing on her guard and guard retention alot. We been drilling the lockdown, the butterfly guard, and the of course the Rubber Guard. While rolling with her, its seems like she got it all together. I just can't wait for tomorrow, our 1st day back to the gym since the Xmas break. I just want to see her in action with someone around her size and see if she really know what we been working on these past 2 wks. If she remember half of what we worked on, those boys will be in for a shocker. We already booked plane tickets for Kids Pan Am, but first I want to test her out at the next local tournament on the 19th to see what we need to work on. No matter what goes down in this next 2 tournament, she will be repping all 10thplanet JJ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12