Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    And you can get any graphic/logo that you could imagine

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Roux View Post
    When you get punched in the jaw, it is the lateral deviation that compresses a nerve that tells your body that you don't know what your doing so it shuts your body down. Having a bite index will help prevent or at least lessen the deviation hopefully saving the fighter from being knocked out.
    Which nerve is this?

Array

School
    Scardina MMA
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think for now I am going to go with the Shock Doctor Ultra STC. I will let you know how it works for me this next week in class.

Array

School
    Evolve
    BAMF mouth guards! Come with 15k worth of dental insurance as well and fully customizable, pretty much if you can drawl it or explain it they can make it.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    correct me if im wrong but i believe that if you go to academysports or sportsauthority, really anyone who sells the TAPOUT mouth guards, They are about $20.00, and the cool part i believe is that they promise the best protection. and will ensure/ cover your dental bills for up to i think $30,000 if you have any oral injury while using their guard.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    are you you a dentist??
    Which nerve is this?

I am a Denturist and it is the temporal mandibular nerve.

I just noticed this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    I'm with Jason. I've had many mouth guards. Bite Defense is awesome. You can have a custom one for a good price and they fit perfect!

Are mouth guards really needed? I've been doing judo for a little over three years now and I have never felt the need for it. I always thought it was just a striking thing.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Roux View Post

I am a Denturist and it is the temporal mandibular nerve.
    Do you know any good online links on the temporal mandibular nerve? My searches only found a few anecdotes from boxers and martial artists explaining how knockouts from the mandibular nerve occur and Wikipedia just says where and what it is. Really interesting stuff though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast