Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mouthguards

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Do you know any good online links on the temporal mandibular nerve? My searches only found a few anecdotes from boxers and martial artists explaining how knockouts from the mandibular nerve occur and Wikipedia just says where and what it is. Really interesting stuff though.
    I think it's BS. I just Wiki'd "Knockout" and it says that there is absolutely no consensus and that very little is known about what causes knockouts. The only thing that seems to be agreeable is that it involves trauma to the brain stem.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    JAWZZ.Com is the best in the business

Dustin C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
    JAWZZ.Com is the best in the business
    I have to disagree, remember when one of the guys got all his front teeth knocked out? when he took his mouth gaurd off all his teeth were in it. Idk if that can happen with any mouth guard but i only seen it with that one :-/

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita

Breathing

I want to buy a good mouthguard, and I already had a mold made by my dentist. I don't really care how it looks, because I'll probably just get a simple solid color. However, I have asthma, so it's hard enough for me to control my breathing without a mouthguard. I want to find the one with the best airflow so that you can breath well while fighting. Any advise? Jawzz/FightDentist vs. Bite Defense? I saw that Bite Defense says they sponsor a bunch of top TPJJ guys including Eddie, so they have to be pretty solid, right?

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin C. View Post
    I have to disagree, remember when one of the guys got all his front teeth knocked out? when he took his mouth gaurd off all his teeth were in it. Idk if that can happen with any mouth guard but i only seen it with that one :-/
    That guy already had dentures and never took them out before the fight. Even Dan Henderson takes his dentures out. Its common sense. Besides, thats a hell of a custom made mouthguard when youre teeth get knocked out by a knee and they stay in the guard. Even after they took out the guard they couldnt get the teeth out because they were so firmly in place. What do you think wouldve happened if he was wearing a shock doctor? He wouldve swallowed them

Array

School
    Edmonton BJJ Club / Mundaruca BJJ
    Dan Henderson wears dentures?? Funny shit..

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Randolf View Post
    Are mouth guards really needed? I've been doing judo for a little over three years now and I have never felt the need for it. I always thought it was just a striking thing.
    I was in class and we were talking about this, except the guy was a long time wrestler. I said it was funny that people never use them in wrestling but we both thought it was a good idea. He said he was getting a mouth guard that night, but before he left, he bumped heads with another dude doing takedowns and he broke his front tooth.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    A buddy of mine was choked out with an RNC in class. When he woke up his front teeth were chipped. I got a mouth guard after that.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Just took a knee to the chin while rolling and bit both sides of my tongue. It's really becoming time I buy one, I am now talking like a retard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123