Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mouthguards

Array

School
    Scardina MMA

Mouthguards

I am looking for a good mouthguard that is not too expensive, but that allows you to breath as well. Any suggestions?

Array

School
    Ronin
    i just got a cheap one from walmart for like a dollar or something. once i molded it, it fit perfect of course and for a dollar, you can't really beat it.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I really loved my shock doctor breathable mouth guard but it's multi layer structure seems to cause splitting. I bought a newer cheaper one but I've been too lazy to mold it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Walmart Mouthguard for $1 does just fine. I bought a couple and leave em in a plastic bag in my gym bag so I always have one handy.

Dustin C.

as long as your not doing any type of striking like muay thai ect then a cheap walmart one should work, but if you do striking you should get a good one, broken teeth hurt and cost lots of $$$

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I make mouthguards, but I am in Red Deer Alberta, Canada. I would give 10th planet guys a good deal on a proform Custom mouthguards. You really should'nt use anything but a custom guard as the boil and bite ones are quite a mouthfull and you are'nt able to perform to your fullest when you got a mouth full of spit.

I take upper and lower impressions and a bite registration, Then I mount the models on a machine that simulates the jaw. I vacuum form the upper model with the proform guard, then I use a torch to heat the guard and close the lower teeth into it making an index for your bite. This will allow you to have a balance bite, adequate breathing and shock absorbtion.

When you get punched in the jaw, it is the lateral deviation that compresses a nerve that tells your body that you don't know what your doing so it shuts your body down. Having a bite index will help prevent or at least lessen the deviation hopefully saving the fighter from being knocked out.

Also having a good bite registration can unlock your abilities, flexibiity and balance. If you have the bucks you can get an under armour mouth guard for about $500 or a PPM mouthguard like wanderlei silva for about $2000. The guards I make are not as expensive, but are based on the same Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Roux View Post
    I make mouthguards, but I am in Red Deer Alberta, Canada. I would give 10th planet guys a good deal on a proform Custom mouthguards. You really should'nt use anything but a custom guard as the boil and bite ones are quite a mouthfull and you are'nt able to perform to your fullest when you got a mouth full of spit.

I take upper and lower impressions and a bite registration, Then I mount the models on a machine that simulates the jaw. I vacuum form the upper model with the proform guard, then I use a torch to heat the guard and close the lower teeth into it making an index for your bite. This will allow you to have a balance bite, adequate breathing and shock absorbtion.

When you get punched in the jaw, it is the lateral deviation that compresses a nerve that tells your body that you don't know what your doing so it shuts your body down. Having a bite index will help prevent or at least lessen the deviation hopefully saving the fighter from being knocked out.

Also having a good bite registration can unlock your abilities, flexibiity and balance. If you have the bucks you can get an under armour mouth guard for about $500 or a PPM mouthguard like wanderlei silva for about $2000. The guards I make are not as expensive, but are based on the same Ideas.

whats the round figure?
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    From me about $100 but can't speak for other dental offices as they charge what they want. If you shop around you might find a dental office that makes them for around $50. They usually take upper impressions and you have to work your bite in over time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    are you you a dentist??

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Check out Fightdentist/JAWZZ.com the official mouthguard of the UFC, its all i use. They fit perfectly to your teeth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast