Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

What was this move that Eddie did?

I was watching this vid of Eddie rolling with his student and learned a couple of new moves from it, but for the life of me at 6:09 of the vid, he was on top of the student with a leg triangle, the student just tapped. What move did Eddie do to make him tap from that position? I didn't see him pull on the head or attack the arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5qf1t7uAI

The reason why this move catch my eyes is that my daughter Cora get this position ALL the time. She would get them in her triangle and they would hold onto her leg so tight that she can't armbar them. She end up flipping them back and forth, back and forth until they release the hold and that is how she get her armbar. But at times this is not effeicent enough and time consuming. So what Eddie did, looks like we can also use. THanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Triangle, mounted or otherwise, doesn't require you to pull the head or arm.

He's driving Ari's shoulder into the side of the neck with top pressure from his left thigh and Eddie's right thigh is on the other side of the neck.

Array

School
    ANd that alone get Ari to tap? wow so simple.... I was trying to find ways for my daughter to end the fight quick from that position. Is there anything else that Eddie is doing during this time that play a part in the submission that i'm not able to see from this angle?

Array

School
    self teaching at roehampton university
    cuts of the oxygen to the brain due to cutting of the arteries at both sides of the neck causing a lot of discomfort/pain.

Array

School
    yes I understand the theory to this move, I've taken all of the anatomy and gross anatomy class back in chiropractic school... Just wanted to know if he is doing anything else other that what i'm seeing on the vid. Thanks. Bruce

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Just a mounted triangle that I squeezed really hard
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Master Eddie, Hey Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my thread. Its an honor to hear it straight from you. I guess we really need to work on her squeezing power then. Need to order Susanze Summers "Bun of Steel"...lol What I can't seem to understand is that when she does it on me, whether it be on mount or on the bottom, her squeezing power in that triangle is really tight and hard. I actually have to tap when my face turn blue. But when she does it on some kids, its like they don't feel it or they just sucking it up and don't want to tap, that is why she always try to go for the armbar instead. But when she try to go for the armbar, they just hold on to her leg. That that alone end up to be a battle in itself to pry the arm out. Just like this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nze9CGbYs0

Array

School
    Here is another example of her having good control but can't squeeze hard enough to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vASvcSnnCi4

Just trying to fix all the little problem before the next tournament.

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    Bigger people are in most cases more susceptible to chokes then smaller people since their body requires more oxygen and blood than smaller people plus their size fills in any space in the technique. If you have any bad habits in the technique they will be covered up when practicing on bigger people and revealed against smaller people. From the second video(only one I watched so far) opponent kept his other hand in the triangle to maintain space to breath and Cora continually was angling to the wrong side, sometimes on her own and other times by the opponents design. Gotta make sure only one arm is trapped, slight angle towards free arm side, and also that she is keeping her hips in front of the opponents shoulders not underneath or behind (stacking position).

Array

School
    Michael: thanks for the advice, we are working hard on fixing all those little problem during this Xmas break. Some of the other things we are working on is the straight jacket, special K, the lockdown, and lots and lots of vids viewing to get her to understand the mental game as well. Hopefully by the time she go back to the gym on monday, she will be that much better by then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast