Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ

Best 10th planet location for tourists

I'm thinking about heading over to the states for some training and could use some advice!
    What would be the best location in your opinion in terms of the following:

Quality of instruction
    Most amount of classes available
    Ease of travel from the nearest airport to the town/city
    Low cost and availability accommodation near to academy
    Places to eat, public transport etc..

I would be flying from Glasgow, probably via London depending on the City and although I am willing to spend several weeks training, I don't have money to burn like most of us..I have a family and bills to pay but have some redundancy money and am willing to invest but would like the best results for the money spent

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!!!
    Last edited by Johnnie McIntyre; 11-03-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rochester ny is pretty decent.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Rochester was first to come to my mind as well simply because of Herzogs alluring mutil-discipline grappling knowledge. My instructor, Nick Kukuruza, (not 10P) said for highly technical and well broken down instruction, Denny Prokopos (SanFrancisco) would be a great pick. Any areas your looking to improve specifically? Also I haven't done much flying but it maybe much cheaper to stick the east coast?

Might be worth considering that in southern cali or in the bay area you would be able to visit multiple schools and not just 10Planet or even BJJ
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 12-26-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    Thanks guys...Aaron its purely 10th planet I want..I am basically thinking of shedding the gi and focusing on 10th pjj so it like a conversion. Even though I am a Purple with the gi I have no experience in No Gi. I rolled no gi recently at a sister gym to mine and tbh... I had my arse handed to me which made me question the last 3 years of training!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    If your a purple in the gi you should change your rank here on the forum. If your a BJJ purple belt that carries over to the 10th planet system. I say if all you wanna focus on is 10th planet go to california and learn from Eddie himself. If not Go to NY to 10th Planet Rochester. if not NY go to 10th Planet Phoenix in Arizona. Any knowledge gained from Master Eddie, Master Zog, Or Master Botello is priceless!!!!!
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    Thanks Trez....I don't get what you mean with changing my rank on the forum bro? Anyway..thanks for the advice...I have been looking at flights/accommodation...flights are basically good for all locations above but for hotels LA looks better in terms of price and variety! I'm going to look at hostels tonight so if anybody knows of a 10th planet gym with a hostel near by please let me know

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Your rank here on the forum is the belt color under your name

<----------------------------- I got my blue from eddie so I changed it to blue. Yours is white so if your a purple you can change it to purple
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    Ahhh..I get you! When I first joined the forum I had my Purple belt up and my team name but thought I should change it to white!!! Cool mate..I will change it now!!!
    Last edited by Johnnie McIntyre; 12-27-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Mispelled

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Come to Montreal. We are a hub of Jiu Jitsu and MMA. No hick town here. In this city, there's BTT HQ, and Tristar, and a lot more. Plus we have a crazy night life, if you're into that.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    Hahaha...thanks Louis....I do have family in Vancouver Island so that could be an option? Really just looking for training as much 10th pjj so won't be visiting the night life unfortunately. Another time bro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast