Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough

Injury - Abdominal Oblique strain

I pulled my left side pretty bad on Saturday.
    It's right up high under the rib cage. I have been doing some research on it, and based on everything I've read, it's a second degree side strain. Everyone who has written about it on the web is saying 4 to 8 weeks for recovery.

Total bummer. I had a pre-existing and I took a week off, and then rolled casual last saturday. I was on my back and had my friend in my guard, and was shrimping out a bit to go to mission control. He was digging his elbows into my belly and ribs as I was doing the shrimp, which is cool, and totally normal.

Anyways I felt something painful and stopped waited for a minute, holding my side. That was when I should have called it quits. But I was already off for a week and didn't want to quit, and it didn't hurt too bad so I said fuck it and kept rolling.
    We started up again and within about 45 seconds I was whipping him up and threw on electric chair and as I proped up on my left elbow I felt a serious pain and basically dropped everything, writhing on the floor.

Now it is super sore to the touch along the whole underside of the rib cage. My External and Internal obliques don't hurt. It's the third layer, that you use for coughing, sneezing, puking, etc. Super painful. I was starting to wonder if it was a hernia because it still hurts to the touch, but it looks like it's "just" a strain.

Now I'm out of jitz for at least a month. Super ghey.
    Just wanted to vent.

[/cry]

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Are you sure you don't have a seperated rib (rib pulled away from the cartilage)? I got stacked really heavy last July and I heard it happen.

I went and had an x-ray, and yep, seperated rib.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Ive had a seperated rib ... my one rib sticks out about an inch permanent now
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    Well I'm not sure of anything yet. I haven't bothered to go get it checked out because of the holidays and work and all that busy stuff. It could be a separated rib, but it only hurts on the underside, like I have to curl my fingers as if I am reaching inside and under the rib.
    I guess I'm going to have to get it X-rayed or something. There is a lump too, where the lowest half-rib ends, so I'm not sure now. Hurts like fuck though.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Must not.. Trying to fight the urge. Searching for the will.. To.. Don't make me..

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Fuckit.
    I'm sorry Kurz. You have aids and are gonna need tussin. Just po it on and rub it in till you're vagina disappears.

Good luck

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    You already know the answer. See a doctor if you can afford it. Dont curl your fingers under there and touch the sore area. Dont roll untill its healed. Use ibuprofen if you find it relives any pain.

A fat kid basically fell on me the other week and now it hurts where one of my ribs attaches to my spine (I think) Oh well, lucky I didn't pop a lung.

sounds like your pretty messed up, kinda makes me fill bad for the image,
    Attachment 1759

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Fuckit.
    I'm sorry Kurz. You have aids and are gonna need tussin. Just po it on and rub it in till you're vagina disappears.

Good luck
    That is some funny ass shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Well I'm not sure of anything yet. I haven't bothered to go get it checked out because of the holidays and work and all that busy stuff. It could be a separated rib, but it only hurts on the underside, like I have to curl my fingers as if I am reaching inside and under the rib.
    I guess I'm going to have to get it X-rayed or something. There is a lump too, where the lowest half-rib ends, so I'm not sure now. Hurts like fuck though.
    The lump is how I knew I seperated a rib (that and the pain ofcourse). Then an Xray confirmed. I seperated the lower rib in front that comes right off the sternum. I can feel the rib sticking out...it's just a huge bump. And the pain sounds about the same...sneezing, coughing, etc. hurts like a bitch. And I too could get my finger underneath, and that is really hurt to the tough. If it is a rib, the only thing is time. I was told if hurt while doing something, don't do that. I didn't roll for a week or two and then rolled carefully. The first few month I'd retweek it here and there, but now it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Landry View Post
    Ive had a seperated rib ... my one rib sticks out about an inch permanent now
    Yep, same here!

Array

School
    Yeah I grew a vagina.

Anyways the lump is low. If you look at this picture at the torso on the right (Tranversus Abdominus) it feels like the band of muscle attached to 11 and 12 is mangled.

I would say the lump is right at the tip of rib 11, but it's a soft lump and super painful to the touch.

I think what happened is the muscle got cut by the rib from the elbow pressure.

Array

School
    Well, It sounds like you know you no shit have an injury (not just "hurt"). Like Aaron said, stop rolling and get that shit looked at. Last thing you want to do is make it worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast