Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Urban Warrior Dojo, Fayetteville Nc

Starting postions for jui-jitsu.

i am new to traditional jui-jitsu, could someone please tell me the correct starting postion for beginner grappling. It would be extermely helpful thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Hey there Keith. If you aren't trolling, there are infinitely many starting positions for grappling-both on knees, both standing, one sitting on butt/other on knees, both on butt, side control, mounted, back taken, north south... Get the picture? It doesn't matter how you start, you two just have to agree to it.

Now, if you are trolling: the best starting grappling position is both of you in the fetal position, sucking thumbs and all. Just kidding' brotha.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Are you referring where you should start when you are rolling? or whats the first position you should learn first?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    I never got the starting from knees thing. Someone pull guard or something.

Array

School
    thanks for your reply . I have exp. but it is combat style. More into the transitions and the flow and subs. we have no real tradional jui-jitsu schools in my area everything is a hy-brid style. wanting to enter tounrys eventually.thanks again for your reply.

Array

School
    a little of both new to this style of jui-jitsu really dont have a traditional school in my area, looking to learn however i can. thanks for asking.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    you will find what you like most. everyone is different.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    As long as you don't pull mount or side control it should be considered "correct"

Array

School
    thanks for your reply so standing,on knees, or sitting are good starting postions. Next step would be to control posture and work to and work to a more dominate postion ?

Array

School
    if there are any tips suggestions that you may be able to give me will be greatly appreciated and thanks for responding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast