Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Starting first thing in the morning all rounds are now 20 minutes, no joke.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I definitely preferred the Pride Rules.

Pride rules+elbows+cage+current UFC talent pool= awesome
    Agreed. Add pride judging too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Isn't it the commissions decision for the 5 min rounds? I also think fighters should be allowed nun chucks. There would be WAY more knockouts than with these pussy 4 oz gloves.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Awesome.

Now if we can just iron out some of those horrible stand ups and late/early stoppages then this sport might actually go somewhere.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    It's worth noting that the rules aren't made or adjusted by the UFC, they're put in place by the State Athletic Commissions who follow the unified rules for MMA. Pride was able to have 10 min 1st rounds because their events were held in Japan. When they had an event in the states they were subject to the American rules.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    It's worth noting that the rules aren't made or adjusted by the UFC, they're put in place by the State Athletic Commissions who follow the unified rules for MMA. Pride was able to have 10 min 1st rounds because their events were held in Japan. When they had an event in the states they were subject to the American rules.
    That's what I thought. So plead to the commission if you want the rules changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    That's what I thought. So plead to the commission if you want the rules changed.

Okay I thought this was rather obvious to people but clearly it's not so I will explain myself.

If a big billion doller company called the 'Ultimate fighting championship' with all their money and lawyers approach the commission with the idea of changing things, how do you think would get on compared to little old me who has well...........fuck all!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    So Eddie is suppose to talk to joe to talk to Dana to hire a lawyer to change a rule that you don't appreciate...makes sense.

So you have never heard of the expression 'nothing to lose but everything to gain'? Nothing wrong with trying your luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12