Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rounds far too short!!!! Eddie help!!

Seriously these fucking short 5 minute rounds ruin MMA for me. You are just getting into the fight and then it just suddenly stops and destroys the rhythm.

If we had a 10 minute 1st round like in Pride I think Cain would very likely have finished JDS in the first round in a very exciting way rather then the underwhelming rounds of 2 - 5. I also think Sonnon would have finished Silva in their first fight had they had a 10 minute 1st round. Chael was really doing damage and was all over him. Like JDS tonight the short 5 minute round allowed the other man to recover and broke the rhythm of the fight.

Also 5 minutes is pathetic for a grappler to work off of his back against a high quality opponent. Does anyone think Diaz could submit GSP off of his back in less then 5 minutes? If he had 10 it might be a different story and would also lessen these fucking boring point fighters who just keep stalling till the end of the round and refuse to actually fight on the ground. Fucking boring as fuck.

Eddie if you are reading this, could you try and get Joe Rogan to try and convince Dana, Lorenzo and Frank to bring back a 10 minute first round for the excitement and long term health of the sport? I think we will also see more finishes with a longer first round as well as they won't be stopping the fight so soon allowing the dominated guy time to recover.

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. Pride had it right and they understood how fights should really go down. Far more exciting and satisfying to watch. Especially with soccer kicks and head stomps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Have you ever fought a 5 min rd? Let alone at the pace those guys go i give them mad props for it

Array

School
    3rd Wave Jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobafett View Post
    Seriously these fucking short 5 minute rounds ruin MMA for me. You are just getting into the fight and then it just suddenly stops and destroys the rhythm.

If we had a 10 minute 1st round like in Pride I think Cain would very likely have finished JDS in the first round in a very exciting way rather then the underwhelming rounds of 2 - 5. I also think Sonnon would have finished Silva in their first fight had they had a 10 minute 1st round. Chael was really doing damage and was all over him. Like JDS tonight the short 5 minute round allowed the other man to recover and broke the rhythm of the fight.

Also 5 minutes is pathetic for a grappler to work off of his back against a high quality opponent. Does anyone think Diaz could submit GSP off of his back in less then 5 minutes? If he had 10 it might be a different story and would also lessen these fucking boring point fighters who just keep stalling till the end of the round and refuse to actually fight on the ground. Fucking boring as fuck.

Eddie if you are reading this, could you try and get Joe Rogan to try and convince Dana, Lorenzo and Frank to bring back a 10 minute first round for the excitement and long term health of the sport? I think we will also see more finishes with a longer first round as well as they won't be stopping the fight so soon allowing the dominated guy time to recover.

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. Pride had it right and they understood how fights should really go down. Far more exciting and satisfying to watch. Especially with soccer kicks and head stomps.
    Yeah Eddie, why don't you make the rules of MMA better? You are so slack.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Starting first thing in the morning all rounds are now 20 minutes, no joke.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Starting first thing in the morning all rounds are now 20 minutes, no joke.
    My god Eddie if you actually managed that then I would donate my entire inheritance fund toward 10th Planet HQ!

Seriously though if somehow someway things did change for the better in the future then I will assume it was you got things moving in that direction!

Cheers for the reply by the way even though your messing!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    in my opinion, which is completely subjective..who am i?...rounds are what keeps the fight entertaining...i doubt cain would have finished jds in the first because of the way he just flopped around through the second. these guys usually keep a high pace because they get that break and can recover a little bit....10 min rounds could see guys just gassing and flopping around in every fight as opposed to one or two here and there.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I will say if there were soccer kicks/knees to the head JDS might have been able to punish Cain more for his takedowns, but that being said Anderson could've done the same to Chael (I'm a JDS and Chael fan). Yes, that first round was very close to Junior being finished, I'm debating if Chael would've finished Anderson with 10 min I felt like he did his part every round in rounds 1-4 and round 1 of the second fight against Anderson.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I definitely preferred the Pride Rules.

Pride rules+elbows+cage+current UFC talent pool= awesome
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    Have you ever fought a 5 min rd? Let alone at the pace those guys go i give them mad props for it
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    correct
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast