Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Could you imagine taking someone's back and them leg pressing their dreads in your face...leaves and ferrets falling into your mouth. Gross....in the words of my best friend little Wayne "Dew you"
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Could you imagine taking someone's back and them leg pressing their dreads in your face...leaves and ferrets falling into your mouth. Gross....in the words of my best friend little Wayne "Dew you"
    Hilarious.

Thick dreads cant be washed as often as thinner ones because they dont dry out even with a blow dryer. I think the many small dreads look way better too. If you enjoy having them that's all that matters, you had to expect haters, even here though.

Attachment 1770

Array

School
    Montalvo Martial Arts Lifestyle Center/10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Hilarious.

Thick dreads cant be washed as often as thinner ones because they dont dry out even with a blow dryer. I think the many small dreads look way better too. If you enjoy having them that's all that matters, you had to expect haters, even here though.

Attachment 1770
    I'm doing the thinner ones. My wife read the thread lol. She said the minute they stink she's shaving my head in the night.... LOL She's going to help me keep up with them at first. Thanks for the support! I will post pics for the haters. I've decided to embrace the hate

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Can you cut dreads to maintain them at a certain length?

It could suck if they get stuck under someone and it pulls on your scalp.

I roll with lots of people who already stink from there rash guards so who cares if your hair smells a little bit...

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Talking about stinky rashguard; White vinegar is the cheapest most effective way to get rid off tenacious smell!
    I've had problems drying my gear properly over winter with that shitty NZ winter, clothes take days if not a week to dry and sometimes training gear will stink up in a couple of minutes even if it got washed with shit tons of washing powder!

Trick to it is to pour 1-2 cups of white vinegar in your machine, let it soak for 10-30min before completing the wash cycle and then BAM! no more funky smell
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    Talking about stinky rashguard; White vinegar is the cheapest most effective way to get rid off tenacious smell!
    I've had problems drying my gear properly over winter with that shitty NZ winter, clothes take days if not a week to dry and sometimes training gear will stink up in a couple of minutes even if it got washed with shit tons of washing powder!

Trick to it is to pour 1-2 cups of white vinegar in your machine, let it soak for 10-30min before completing the wash cycle and then BAM! no more funky smell
    I'm going to pass this on to my student Kevin.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    Can you cut dreads to maintain them at a certain length?

It could suck if they get stuck under someone and it pulls on your scalp.

I roll with lots of people who already stink from there rash guards so who cares if your hair smells a little bit...
    Ryan has a VERY valid point about long hair. It fucking hurts when your hair gets "stuck" under somebody. It's something to think about.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I've had a number of students with dread. Everyy single one of them had dreads ripped out of their head while rolling, Head gear, scarfs, etc. didn't prevent it. They also had issues with ring worm because they couldn't wash their scalp. I'm not hating on you, just being practical.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    i have a few fighters in my school with dreads. one has short thin ones and two others have the longer ones. the short thin ones tend to fall out, but none of them smell bad. i roll with all of them and its no big deal at all. if you are going to get on the ground with another sweaty man and wrestle around, some smelly hair is really not that big a deal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I just cut my dreads for jiujitsu, and i already miss them. Im still up in the air as to whether or not i should have done it. The only cons I experienced when I had them was during rolling, They would get in the way a LOT. If i was in the bottom of side control, it was almost inevitable that their knee would post on them and my head would be pinned to the mat (unless i was ok with yanking/losing a dread). And when I would get caught in a choke, it was MUCH harder to slip my head out. So when it comes to the technical aspect, there was definitely some downfalls.

Other than that.. there was also a LOT of benefits. #1 being all the cool people youll meet. Every day I would have at least one person come up and talk to me about my hair. Or offer to smoke a bowl with me (which is always a bonus if youre into that sort of thing). And as for the cleaning them thing.. Its really no different than having normal hair. (Which if youve studied up on it youve already figured it out). People like to think dreads are dirty because a lot of people who have them are dirty (which is true).. but I always saw it as the same argument people use when they say people who smoke pot are lazy. Sure, theres people who smoke weed that are lazy.. but it isnt because of the weed, its because they are a lazy person who just so happens to smoke. As long as you wash your dreads after you roll every day, theyll be fine. Anywhere that sweat and dirt can get to.. so can shampoo and water. Id recommend Dr. Bronners if youre going to buy one (as opposed to making it yourself).. They have a lot of great ones that leave them super clean, and they smell awesome. (And yet arent overwhelming)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast