Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Montalvo Martial Arts Lifestyle Center/10th Planet Omaha

Decided to dread my hair.

Fuck it. I'm dreading my hair. I'm waiting for my kit to arrive. I know that there are risks with dreaded hair and BJJ but I'm cool with that. I'll post pics when it's done gonna look a little different in western Nebraska.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Don't use wax unless you want moldy sludge in the center within a year!

Array

School
    LOL Thanks Brent!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rolling with dudes that have dreads is fucking gross.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Why? Do you mean guys who have nasty smelly dreads? I plan to keep my mine clean.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Isn't that for like hippies and shit?

Array

School
    I am a hippie... lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    hell yeah that's filthy! You won't be able to wash your hair everyday. Once a week if you're lucky due to the fact dreads will suck up on water/ sweat... Super gross
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    Actually that's a common misconception. You can wash everyday if you want. People who take care of them have hair as clean as everyone else.

Array

School
    What should you know about dreads?

There's one big thing about dreads that throws many people off so I want to clear that up first. Dreadlocks can be divided into 3 categories. You have probably had very little, if any, interaction with two of these types of dreadlocks. The dreadlocks of the past that many remember from the 70's are those started by neglecting the hair. These are often unsanitary and can range from messy to downright scary. This is not the type of dreads this letter is about.

The other two types are natural dreadlocks and chemically assisted dreadlocks. Both of these are started purposefully, either at home or in a salon. The real difference between the two is in the products chosen to create them. Natural dreads are started without perming or processing the hair. The hair is usually combed backwards to start knots and then products can be used to create an environment that helps the knots tighten into attractive dreads. Chemically assisted dreads are permed using a perming solution before or after the initial knots are created. Both of these types of dreads are maintained regularly and the end goal is to have groomed, mature, dreadlocks. These maintained dreads are the subject of this letter. Your employee has "done his or her homework" and has began learning about how to properly start and maintain dreadlocks.

Since creating and maintaining dreadlocks is not very common, most common knowledge and rumors about dreadlocks refer to neglected dreads rather than maintained dreads.
    For example you've probably heard that dreads are dirty. The truth is, dreads lock faster when they are clean. We actually provide a residue free soap because the dreads get tighter when soap residue is not present. Speaking of clean, dreads never shed, this is a benefit in any work area where stray hair is an issue. When dreads are maintained they are a sanitary and healthy hairstyle much like braids, but dreads do not need to be taken out. While braids must be redone periodically to maintain a clean look, mature dreads look great every day and never need to be redone.

Dreads can also be removed without cutting the hair. This means they can be worn for a trial period and if they are not "a fit" the previous hair style can be restored. Starting and removing dreads is not easy so we don't recommend dreads as a temporary hair style but the option to remove them is always there if it is needed.

We have an entire website dedicated to helping people start and maintain healthy, great looking dreads. Dreads are a process and we realize that while mature dreads look clean, tight and smooth, new dreads are always going to look less desirable. For this reason we recommend several types of dread specific head wear so that dreads can be out of sight until they have matured and you are comfortable with them being seen in the workplace. Of course it is up to you whether dreads should always be kept covered or if there are benefits to having them seen.

From http://dreadheadhq.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast