Array

School
    Sergio Penha

Gianni Grippo Pt. 1 on Open Mat Radio

Happy New Year! We welcome Renzo Gracie standout Gianni Grippo this week. We discuss how Gianni became a 5x Mundial and 7x Pan Champ in gi/nogi at the colored belts. We find out what it was like starting out at Renzo’s as 10yrs old boy and how Renzo's has evolved from being next to a methadone clinic to becoming a world class training center. Find out the role private lessons from Magno Gamma and John Danaher have on Gianni and how private lessons might help your game. We discuss the surprising personal influence the Mendes Bros and also Ryan Gracie have also had on Gianni. We also talk about how running the competition team at Renzo's sharpens Gianni's game, what it was like coming up with Tanner Rice and Sinistro and why we didn’t see Gianni at Lloyd Irvin Jr.'s Kumite.

http://www.openmatradio.com/2012/12/...i-grippo-pt-1/

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Thanks for the bumps!

Since it's New Year's Day let's do some reflection. Gianni literally grew up in Renzo's academy. He has spent 10 years there. It's impossible to say that didn't shape his life. So my question to you is,

How different has your life been since finding jiu jitsu? Personally I'm very happy to have donated some cartilage and ligaments to the jiu jitsu gods for all they've done for me. I know I have much better confidence, tenacity and am a much happier person from hanging around the mats. I've also met some of the best people in the world on the mat. What about you?

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Gianni v Gui Mendes for all you gi heads