Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Posting your matches online

Hi guys, just want to hear from yall about the subject posting your matches online. Don't you guys feel like when you post your matches online, what if your opponent or potential opponent see this and know what your favorite moves are or what you are capable of? If I know a kid like to take the back, I would train my daughter to defend it or to prevent it from happening. I know we post things online to share with families and friends and fans, but sometimes it can have an adverse effect on your game as well. For example, yall plays with the rubber guard, and you wear the 10thplanet badge proudly. When guys see you at the tournament, won't they be prepare for the rubber guard? Do you worry about this, since the element of surprise is gone? I just fell like taking all of Cora's vid off line when I think about this.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    yes, it is possible, but are you so hell bent on winning at all costs that it out weighs the benefits?

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    I put my students videos online publicly until there friends see them and then I switch the privacy setting on youtube so that they cannot be seen unless you log in to our gym account.

When trying to find comp videos and I cant find any for my opponent I have google search the persons past opponents to try and find if they have the video posted.

The less your opponent knows about you the better, but at low levels thos doesnt matter as much.

Array

School
    Well I have 2 conflicting ideas about it.
    1) I don't want my daughters opponent to know because we will lose the element of surprise. For as much as I know, this game is chess match and the element of surprise is key.

however:
    2) I do want to them to be able to see all that we do and let them do whatever they can to stop our moves. And if they already see it and know it, but Cora still get them to tap out anyways, then its even more rewarding. To have someone know your moves and yet they still can't stop it, now that is what people call "BEAST".

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I upload my videos as unlisted and share them with friends or people I seek feedback on. I haven't really shared any directly yet on Facebook.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I post mine, people like to see them and I do well at tournaments occasionally. I don't mind my videos being posted but I will never post training videos.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    I just created a fan page for Cora and gess only after a day, all of the kids that she compete against, them and their mamas and daddy all hit up on it. Wanting to be our friends. YOu guys can check it out also if you want.... on FB look for Cora Arriya Sek aka "Triangle Queen". Well I guess you know the answer to this thread... i don't care, the more they know about us the better because if they don't put in the time and train hard like us, they still won't be able to handle Cora. Or they can help push Cora to the next level.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Opponents, Can train for your game as hard as they want, but its one thing to train against someone "emulating" your game, and its another to face the person who's game you've been trying to stop. How many times have we seen professional UFC fighters be unsuccessful in attempts at stuffing their opponents game. Studying Tape on your opponent will only get you so far, and sure it stops the "surprise" element, but until you've been in the fire with that person you're studying, you don't even have a clue the amount of power they posses.

In my opinion, I'd leave the videos up for the world to see, If kids parents are so hell bent on trying to stuff her techniques, and are studying the video, and doing the research, you guys too will have to evolve your game. From what it seems like Cora has already introduced the lockdown into her game, next it'll be dogfight, after that maybe Twister Side Control, or S mount, there will come a point when everyone will see how she plays Jiu Jitsu, and the only thing they can do is to hope they are prepared enough with their own game.

I used to play hockey, I used to be a hockey fighter, I used to watch other fighter from rival teams videos, sometimes it helped, other times it didn't.

Once you step onto the mats, It's you versus them. No amount of studying, will take away the primal instinct to win, the drive to succeed. Thats just my two cents.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    My feeling is when I'm competing I am imposing my WILL on them. It doesn't matter what they have seen I know the defense to my attacks and I will win anyway.

Rep hard, post often, get noticed, win big, and prove 10th planet is for real.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

You gotta think that eventually its nearly unavoidable to have your videos online, especially once your at a high level and people around the country/world know who you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast