Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Adam Ryan MMA/Chekmat Vancouver

How much time does one invest into rolling per week ?

I am just curious . I have gone to a few classes here and there , but not consistently . I want to learn more and become better , which means I must train more . How much is enough ? I know it's kind of a dumb question, but then again , there are no dumb questions .

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Depends how quickly you want to improve and your current conditioning.

I drill 0-5 hours a week and spar 10-15 and then teach my class. Im there everyday mon-sat.

But if I roll with a whitebelt I dont have to exert 100% effort so it isn't as hard as if I was a whitebelt and had to go full out with everyone.

The biggest thing is training consistently, I have a student who takes months off at a time he thinks it doesn't hurt his game but it most certainly does. You'll remember basic things like I have to get the lockdown youll forget the steps to the sweeps and other such detail orientated stuff.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Training consistently is definately key. Two training sessions per week 48 weeks a year, I would consider to be a minimum investment.

Array

School
    EpLegends Martial Arts
    I spend 3 days 3 hours a day training jiujitsu and rolling, so 9 hours a week training and rolling, and I spend 2 days 3 hours a day training stand up so 6 hours a week. on weekends I attend any open mat or seminar I can to see what other people near me are doing and learn from them. :/ just make it a life style.

Array

School
    Tanshin Dojo
    I do kyokushin or kickboxing 3 days a week, jits/sub wrestling twice a week and either judo or muay thai once a week and every session I try to get in some sparring

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    I'd say it depends on where your at. If you train really heavy for a while it might be good to roll easy and drill reps more and vice versa. Either drilling techniques, rolling easy, rolling hard as long as you train consistently, that's the key.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    I train about 2-2.5hrs, at least 5 days a week. Usually get at least a hour of rolling in, the rest is technique.

Array

School
    Adam Ryan MMA/Chekmat Vancouver
    I guess what I really meant , was training , ie - technique , sparring , etc.........
    Thanks for all your responses

Array

School
    Ronin
    Our future Hotbox meets 4 nights a week. We run drills for about an hour a night, and free roll for 30 minutes.
    But, I can tell in an instant which guys really internalize the system and are running drills and techniques solo and through visualization, and which ones leave their jiu jitsu on the mats.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    im at my school everyday, i spend about 7 hours a week teaching, 12 a week sparring, and about 6 a week drilling. full time training has allowed me to progress fairly quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast