Array

School
    Ronin

Finally got to my first MMA class.

Finally got to class on Friday, and boy am I out of shape, haha. Started off with about 8-15mins of jump roping, then we went into setting up for takedowns, he showed us a single leg takedown (I think?) he called the treetop, but I saw it online and saw it called something else, doesnt really matter, as long as you know how to do it, haha. Anyhow, practiced that and the single leg finish run the pipe. After that, we started on mount work and how to keep your opponent either pinned or a high mount and pinch their arm's together and such. I would like to find the way he showed us to pin the opponents arms, because it is Vale Tudo/ MMA one arm is pinned and the other is almost in a kimura-like position over a based leg, which opens up the face. Anyhow, after working on that, we went into light sparring, the guy was a year younger, and definitely in more shape, and I was tired already from the procceding work in class XD, he also had range on me. So, after realizing it was going to be hard to get in and bang, I went for the single and I got it. Then he kept trying to get me in a triangle because he had good wrist control with boxing gloves, I managed to get his leg back under my armpit and I remembered to keep my elbows in his hips, and that saved me from that. (Thank you mastering the system! I cant wait to stop watching on youtube and pay!) Anyhow, I was gonna dive for a heel hook, then thought 2 or 3 things: Am I allowed to do this? this is my second time here...., then oh no, didnt grab the leg, then when I tried to go back it was too late XD. He ended up ending 2 times by striking, and I had some decent take down defense until he did a judo like take down and I couldnt circle out because the wall was there, haha. Anyway, didn't throw up this time, thats a plus, im pretty beat up, but its part of the sport. And even though its was stopped twice (ten strikes undefended), its only the first time I've really sparred, and to me its all learning, and I enjoy learning, haha. anyway, thanks if ya read my babble!