Thread: Knee surgery

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Damn, sorry to hear about that man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Brandon!! Sorry to hear about that coach! Me and my girl will be praying for you! Hope you have a speedy recovery my man! I'm going to call you tomorrow while I'm at work to catch up for a bit. Hope to see you soon brother.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    i have a couple fighters in my gym that have torn the meniscus. depending on how things go its like 4-6 weeks till you feel ok, some people heal quicker than that even.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    i have a couple fighters in my gym that have torn the meniscus. depending on how things go its like 4-6 weeks till you feel ok, some people heal quicker than that even.
    I hope that its a quick one but from what they told me its looking like 6-9 months. Just depends on if they can save and repair it or remove it. The removal is a quick heal, the repair is months. I am bout to head down to Miami for my appt with the ortho surgeons and find out the details.

chris miah

It depends if they aim to repair the meniscus or they shave/remove part of it. Removing it is actually a quicker healing process like you say back drilling in a couple of weeks. Repair is a longer process and will take more time to heal. Down side to the removal is increased chance of de-generation in the future. I've got two bucket handle tears in my lateral meniscus but I am expecting a quick return.

Array

School
    One of the peeps told me that the entire meniscus is displaced so I don't know if that means both lateral and medial or just one complete side. Find out soon tho. Freaking leg is swelled all the way to my foot lol

Array

School
    Ok it's a bucket handle tear with half of it jammed into the center of the knee. Surgery will be jan 22nd. They plan to repair it if possible. It's gonna be more intensive than just a scope damn it. At least it's gonna get fixed tho

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    was it too many visits from coach Zog that did that knee in??

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    was it too many visits from coach Zog that did that knee in??
    I wish it was something that cool lol but my knees being bad just catching up with me. just turned wrong and boom

K Madden

Good luck buddy. pullin for ya.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast